PS Direct Stream Vs. Lumin X 1 Sound quality difference?

I think I'm going to purchase a Lumin X-1 and sell my PS Direct Steam Dac.
Can anyone share their experience with these 2 products, particularly in sound quality?

ozzy
128x128ozzy
kzs70,
So, I think I owe you an apology.

I did have to install a transceiver into the X1, its been a while, and I can blame it on the fact that I'm old... and I forgot.
As I now recall, I did buy a pretty good transceiver to use with it. So don't cheap out on that one. And, I eventually added a Uptone Ethernet converter for the conversion to fiber.

Also, for the conversion to fiber, use cat 5 cable. Stay away from the higher 6,7,8 they have more shielding in them.
Big upgrade for me though over the Ethernet cable.

Again, sorry I confused you.
ozzy
Everyone, don't just assume using fiber with the X1 will result in better sound as results will vary. I currently like the ethernet over the fiber but willing to give one more try with different transceivers.
Aloha!
Arriving late to the discussion....a very good and informative one I must say!
Hope this is not a hijack or that it should be a separate post.
So up until a few weeks ago I was on course to buy a U1 streamer to run into my Luxman D-10X DAC section.
Well those plans got a bit derailed and I am now putting CD playback on a back burner as far as upgrading right now. No more D-10X at least for now.
So my thought goes toward the X1. And at this point it is really the only Streamer DAC I am considering. So that part is easy :-)
Question is...I use Roon (sometimes reluctantly) and wish to also use the Lumin app. I stream Qobuz and have a reasonable sized library of Hi-res and CD quality stuff.
BTW....my modem and router are next to the hifi rack.
What do I use to get al this stuff to the X1? A NUC, Nucleus, NAS?
As you can tell, I am a complete digital idiot!
I figured I ask the easy stuff first before digging into ethernet, switches etc...hahaha.
Mahalo for your help.

mauidj,
I will do my best, I have an 8TB external hardrive plugged into the usb port that has all my music on it and I just use the Lumin app.
I stream Qobuz daily but the X1 is Roon capable.
BTW, they just added 40 high quality radio stations.

So all of this is possible.

ozzy
Thanks ozzy. So if I dont have a huge need for Roon's interface, multi room stuff or DSP tricks I would not need any computer to play my music and Qobuz streams? All done within the Lumin app. I have to think it would sound better than having a computer in the way...no? Like I said...I'm a digital idiot!