LSA Voyager GAN Amplifier

Just got mine last week.  After 24 hours of play all I can say is that this is not your father's class D amplifier.  There is not one thing about its sound that reminds me of the class D gremlins that I do not like.  The low end filled in and now has deep impact, the midrange is the love child of a beautiful tube and clean hybrid amp - just gorgeous.  Highs are very clean and extended. Spatial cues are top notch. My system has had some damn good tube and solid state amps in it before and it has never sounded this good.  I am blown away with the quality of sound coming from class D amplification at this price point.

This 300 wpc amplifier is a real winner.....
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xjaymark
@aolmrd1241 It was guys like you who made me realize there was a problem, so thanks. Talking with CODA and even the dealer over the phone was a a little difficult for me to make my case. Going to the dealer in person was what I figured would resolve everything one way or the other. I was very happy to see the problem show up immediately on the dealer system.

I would not say the CODA 07x is dead silent. Not compared to the LA4, however, it is very quiet and even my one sounded great when the volume was high. I cannot wait to get a new one or a fix for my one.
@viber I did find the modded Voyager slightly less grainy than the CODA #8 and the stock Voyager. The CODA #8 has more power and better bass and is also warmer. The modded Voyager is closer to the AHB2 but the Voyager can drive my Thiel CS3.7.

I am not sure if the modded Voyager has the same amount of clarity as the AHB2. I have not hooked up the AHB2’s yet, and I am rather busy with work. However, I think my memory tells me the AHB2 had a bit more clarity. I will try to put the AHB2 into the system soon.

I just checked the hiss level with my Voyager and the LA4. In this combo there is a tiny bit of hiss at similar levels as the dealers CODA 07x + CODA #16. I am a little surprised that the Voyager + LA4 has this bit of hiss. I had to put my ear to the speaker to hear it. With the AHB2 + LA4 you hear nothing.

BTW - I sent Jay an email offering up the Voyager for his shootout against your amp.
My comment on graininess is in comparison to the modded Voyager. 

Both the #8 and pre-modded Voyager (and likely the modded Voyager, still need to compare this) seem to be grainy to me compared to the AHB2. However, there are things the AHB2 cannot do that the Voyager and CODA #8 excel at (like power).

My CODA #8 in comparison to the CODA #16 is also not as clear.

Saying all of this, all the amps I have sound rather good and it is only when you really nitpick do you realize the slight differences. Well, except for the #16 (do not own) which is rather easy to hear the improvement.
I have not appreciated the grain in the sound of my Voyager amp before mods.  In fact, the amp, to my ears, has crystalline clarity.  So the grainy description is hard to wrap my head around.