You can go home again

"My ears were trained on my old JBL."
Recent comment from another post. Do we presently chase a sound baked in our brain from our initial experience with audio?
jpwarren58
In some respects, a revisit to something I enjoyed decades ago leaves me wondering why I thought it was so special.  I suppose we are prone to romanticizing the past — our youth — and have fonder memories than realities.  Just my take.  
Post removed 
Interesting question. But surely, the answer will differ between individuals, and even for the same person with respect to different experiences and tastes. Was the first time you had sex the best time? Are you still "chasing after" a repeat of that experience?! Has your palette (for fine wine and food) not improved with age and experience? I loved JBL when I was in high school, too. And Corvettes. With age and experience, however, I came to appreciate subtlety and finesse, both in hearing and handling. 

Which is not to say that I don't still have fond memories of those various "first times." But nostalgia is one thing; "chasing a sound baked into my brain from an initial experience"—well, that would be unfair to the second experience, and the third, and.... The question is really about what a "person" is. Am I the same person I was in high school? Yes...and no. I've learned a few things since then, and learning means altering one's perspective in various ways.

“Do we presently chase a sound baked in our brain from our initial experience with audio?”

If you’re like me and started out on a simple, affordable, low-fi system as a youngster you don’t “chase”, you run from.

I like to stay with one woman for about 3 years, than I want to change. I stay with my current stereo for much longer