L-505uXII v. Hegel h190 to pair with Vandy Treo CT?

Hey,

I’m looking into getting a Vandersteen speaker. Either the Treo CT or the 2Ce Signature iii (depending on how much the wife says I can spend).

I like the Prima Luna evo 400 integrated best, but worried about kids getting into it and hurting themselves. 

I like all music but listen to a little more acoustic and orchestral stuff. My room is about 12” x 22” and then opens to kitchen. 
Have any of you lived with any combination of the above, and have insights into the sound?

thanks.
paperuser742
I’m looking into getting a Vandersteen speaker.

Personally I would suggest that you would be happier if you got a pair ;)
I did that back in ~ ‘84, and still have them.
I found that one just didn’t image good on its own ;)

I have a PrimaLuna Dialogue HP hooked up, which sounds a bit hollow in the bass when in Triode mode, so I leave it on UltraLinear most of the time.

But I have some KT120s en route (and that amp is new to me). It has been fine on another tube amp and 2 SS amps… Not a huge difference that I can recall between them all. This biggest was the PL in Triode mode.

The newer 2Ce- Sig-iii should sound better than the older 80’s 2C, so just get whatever you feel will last you a few decades.

Also there are some CTs coming up used in San Diego area soon… (from what I hear).
My vote is for Treos with Aesthetix MIMAS if it fits the budget or Belles Aria Signature  have listen to this combs exstensively

Enjoy the Music
Tom
https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/7100#&gid=1&pid=8

Treo CT in open format living / dining / kitchen. No rugrats but a sturdy tube cage goes a long way. Love the Treo, very sweet sonics.