Are Quicksilver power tube amps in the same league as VAC, VTL, BAT, ARC, ...?

I see that VAC, VTL, BAT, ACR power tube amps are almost twice or more expensive than Quicksilver power tube amps at the same power ratings.
Are Quicksilver power amps as good as twice or more expensive brands?
I am considering power tube amps with 80, 100, or 120Watts power ratings and I just wonder.
I don't have much budget (under 5K) and my choice is either new QS or those other brands used.
If not QS, which brands are best bang for the buck for power tube amps?
I need to drive 87dB speaker, so the power has to be at least 80Watts.
Thanks for your input.
128x128ihcho
@arafiq 

i have not auditioned QS. But experience with this kind of question in the past has always resulted in the support in your supposition. QS offers great value for the money, but not of the same level of performance. (No, the big boys are not there because VAC and ARC buyers are stupid and susceptible to marketing and biased reviewers).
@ghdprentice

No, the big boys are not there because VAC and ARC buyers are stupid and susceptible to marketing and biased reviewers

+1

So very true. Marketing and biased reviewers can only take you so far. Companies like VAC and ARC have built their reputations over a very long period of time by consistently providing high levels of performance year after year, while many flash-in-the-pan companies fizzled out after their 15 minutes of fame.

@ arafiq
Quicksilver is no flash-in-the-pan. Mike Sanders has been making great gear for 40 years. He will support anything no matter how old it is. My buddy tried to get his 10 year old Audio Research Hybrid HD220 power amp fixed and was told that parts are no longer available. He bought a pair of QS M120s and could not be happier. BTW, if you know anyone lookin’ for a 70 LB boat anchor there is one sittin’ in a basement collecting dust!
Absolutely, yes! My V4's were marvelous sounding. Traded for Levinson after combining dedicated audio and home theater into one room. Regret getting rid of them every time I listen to music.