CDP to replace vinyl

I'm going to sunset my vinyl gear (WTTT&A) and I'm looking for suggestions for a CDP that will give me that "vinyl" sound. The rest of my system consists of a CARY 300sei and a pair of ProAcs 1SCs. I listen primarily to classical, jazz and vocals. My first though is a Cary 301 tube unit. Thanks for your input. Dave
saihcc
I agree with Baddabob ... I'm running a Krell KPS 20i with a Levinson 360s and I go from amazed to dissapointed by just switching a disc. Most all of my post 1995 CD's are very good to great but some of the 1970's and 80's recordings leave me wondering why I bother. I never had that feeling with vinyl or at least not to the extent that digital formats vary.

Case and point ... The Eagles :

On the boarder - Not good ... in fact bad.

The Long Run - Great sound

Both titles released before the age of the digital formats.

I see many of the classics being reissued and remastered. I'm hoping it will clean up some of the more dismal sounding older titles.

All that being said ... If I had it to do over again I think I'd go with the Cary 306/200 SACD and in fact I still might. I do really like the Levinson DAC but it was spendy and I dont know that a similar sound couldnt be found for less cash. I have heard that Cary has a fantastic build quality and wasnt aware they had build issues. I guess I'll have to do some more reading.

Good Luck ... I'd keep the vinyl however. I'm going back to vinyl as soon as I can make space. I'll keep my CD's as well.
If you can find a used Conrad Johnson DV2b cdp then you will obtain near analog results.
Buy yourself the new Olive Musica server, load your Lps onto the hard-drive direct from the Lp source and get the best reproduction possible.
I can't believe no one has mentioned the Exemplar 2900 or Exemplar 3910.

Replace vinyl? I don't know about that, but my Exemplar beats every other unit I've owned. That includes Sony SCD-1, Meridian, Reolution Audio Opus 21, Ayre, and a few others!. The next best I've ever owned was quite good as well: The Electrocompaniet.