Aged components / service!?

I tried to get an insight in what is considered aged components in a pre amp. I look at a pre which is between 10-15 years old. Personally i kind of feel this is close to a no go. I get conflicting information with regards to service and age.
Do we have any members here who could actually teach me something regarding components and age?

Thanks!
rird
I agree with others. It depends. If we are talking about true high end equipment, then probably good. If not, no. Do you have something in mind?

I would buy Audio Reserch, Conrad Johnson, VAC, and some others without hesitation at that age.
   I have a question that may pertain to this post....If an older component has been dormant for a long time (maybe years) and not used, would that stop the maintenance/repair clock from ticking? I'm talking about electronic components such as caps, tubes, etc. Certainly there are items such as foam surrounds of some speakers that deteriorate with age regardless of use but does that hold true for electronics?

Post removed 
I buy mostly used gear downstream of my source components. If you are technically inclined, its not a big deal. If you are the type to wig out when a unit isnt perfect, keep it to1-5 years old. 
For mid-fi to high end, almost all equipment using standard electrolytic caps from 1990’s onwards are good to go. Just do a function test. Recaps from this period is seldom necessary as the quality of components dont fail like 80’s and earlier. 

For units using paper and oil caps, I’d factor in that these may fail 10 years onwards. The neon green Jensen caps are really bad at this. I’d still buy it if I had a technician I can rely on handy. The caps cost any where from 25-75 bucks a pop, give or take. I’d still buy an old Audio Note amp if a good deal came my way.

I would not hesitate to buy an old turntable using the same rules. 

My one exception is that I would avoid 90’s Audio Research tube power amps like the plague. Some of these fail over and over.

For digital, Im always looking at new or a couple
of years old. I havent shopped for a disc transport.