Is bass the most important frequency band?

One thing I’ve noticed when upgrading my audio system is that when I have really good bass, I’m happy. If the bass is top notch, I can overlook less-than-stellar treble or so-so midrange. The opposite does not seem to be true. Sure, I can get tremendous enjoyment out of a high-fidelity playback of a flute or other instrument that doesn’t have much bass impact, but when I switch to a track that has some slam, if my sub/woofers don’t perform, I’m left wanting, and I am inclined to change the track. When my subwoofer game is top notch, there is something extremely pleasing about tight, powerful, and accurate bass response that easily puts a smile on my face and lifts my mood in a matter of seconds. Maybe it all boils down to the fact that bass frequencies are heard AND felt and the inclusion of another sense (touch/feeling) gives bass a competitive edge over midrange and treble. I am not talking about loud bass (although that can be really fun and has its place), but the type of bass that gives you a sense of a kick drum’s size or allows for the double bass to reach out and vibrate the room and your body. I propose to you that bass and sub-bass should be optimized first and foremost, followed by treble and midrange in order to maximize enjoyment. Thoughts?
128x128mkgus
Post removed 
at a fairly high level in this pursuit, it is obviously all important, any area lacking will call attention to itself fairly readily

but for me personally, midrange palpability/timbre is absolutely central to my enjoyment of most music i listen to

then i would say a clean clear non irritating treble

followed by full impactful deep bass

this all said, having great bass response from a system is an absolute joy to behold if all else is also right
@dabel

My monitors have been with me 20 years and they’re keepers. But they do not dig deep enough.

Well there is no way to tell if my speakers go down lower than yours, or if I’m just satisfied with less. But does show how silly it is for folks to argue about equipment given we all want different things.
90% of the brains processing power is between 500Hz-15kHz. The region that processes sub-500Hz looks more like an afterthought, barely any brain tissue dedicated to it.
So, the 500Hz-15kHz would be universally the most important frequency range, and is key for natural sound, because that's where our brain is the busiest.
There's so few audiophiles who aim for natural sound - most go for controlled / processed sound, so nobody really cares about this region where 90% of the brain tissue is concentration on.
What each of us perceives as key aspect is highly personal.Bass certainly has a special role, as its perception is also through the body (internal organs resonating) and not just the ears. Makes for a big added layer of experience, for good or worse.
 What a balance we must achieve to please ourselves. And on top of that, mood matters, damned age matters now, then there is the environment for listening. Assuming that all goes well I can't top the experience. But  it is just about anywhere in the audio spectrum (except treble, which I just don't hear well anymore), it has to be right for me. Midrange can make me cover my ears, 'bad' bass loses my interest, and even noise if it is too high makes me walk away. If it don't sing, I'm walkin'.