What are your top three live concerts of all time?

I'll go with ;  1.Santana  at the Music Hall in Boston      2.Jimi Hendrix at the Boston Garden   3.Supertramp at the Music Hall.                                                                                                                                                             
rockysantoro
Arlo Guthrie
Jethro Tull
Robin Trower
Peter Frampton
Blue Oyster Cult
Heart
Mike Seeger
Sarah K.
@bdp24, Yeah you probably realize it but McCabe's Guitar shop is on Pico Blvd., not Santa Monica. I was a true regular there. Saw many acts, and spent more hours than I should taking Martin Guitars off the wall and playing 'em.
Oh yeah @edcyn, McCabes is not on Santa Monica, it's IN Santa Monica. I think. I always got there from Westwood Village, where I shopped at Rhino Records. Also on Pico were a coupla great record shops, Record Surplus a long-time favorite of mine.

McCabes is also a favorite of Ry Cooder and David Lindley, though I never saw them there. I took my '68 Fender P Bass to Norm's Rare Guitars in Encino to sell, but they weren't willing to give me what I wanted for it. Bought it in the 90's for $500, sold it in 2010 for $3500. Vintage guitars are always a good investment.
bdp -- I’m sure we ran into each other more than once. My sister was buddies with the Rhino Records crew. She constructed the store’s giant papier-mache rhinoceros horn that eventually (at least I think) resided in my apartment. Do I get the name Harold Bronson right? Was the name of his band The Fabulous Sheepskins? I made myself a nuisance at Norm’s Rare Guitars. Did I buy my Fender Custom Shop Fifties Tele there?
Yup, Harold Bronson owned Rhino, both record shop and record label. The label started small, issuing offbeat, obscure artists in the 1970’s, selling them in the store. They then got into assembling comps of 50’s and 60’s music, and then single-artist/group greatest hits albums. I’m sure Rhino’s deal with Warner Brothers made Harold a fairly wealthy man ;-) .

Remember Rhino’s store employee Phast Phreddie? He was a Blues music expert, and played around town, fronting a pretty good band comprised of local hipsters. He left L.A. in the 80’s, moved back East. A lot of musicians and songwriters paid the rent and ate by working a day job in a record store. In the late-80’s Lucinda Williams was working in the Moby Disc store in Sherman Oaks, three blocks from my apartment. I’d be thumbing through the LP’s and see her standing behind the cash register, staring off into space. Composing song lyrics, I suspect. The store manager was Kip Brown, the guitarist in the Punk band Shock, and later in The Little Girls, a band fronted by two sisters.

As happened to the great record shop in Mill Valley---Village Music (which had an incredible inventory of UK and European pressings of Blues, Jazz, Rockabilly, and Hillbilly LP’s and 78’s, and was frequented by musicians. I saw James Burton shopping there in the 80’s)---the introduction of and takeover by CD’s ruined the store.