What is the best redbook CD player for 6K to 8K?

I am looking for the best redbook CD player for 6K to 8K that will project a 3 dimensional hologram-like sound image. I am considering the Mark Levinson 390S CD player. I am open for suggestions concerning comparisons between this and other CD players of equal or better sound quality. Universal players are out of the running since I own only redbook CDs. The fickle finger of fate has not made up it's mind about the next generation of media technology. So until then I will be patient and enjoy what I have.
redwoodgarden
I have concluded that the best redbook player for me is not what I expected at all. The best sounding CD player is actually a universal player. The Esoteric UX-03 is in my price range (maybe a little over) and is the best sounding player that I've heard. It's built like a tank so I know it is reliable; and it also plays SACDs and DVDs which is icing on the cake. I know that in the future if I want to broaden my horizons, the option is there. I foresee that the only other player I'll need is a highend Bluray player which will play all media with the highest perceivable detail. This is only a pipe dream at this time. For the here and now, Esoteric UX-03 will fit my needs.
The best that I have heard live is the new Chord duo, Transport + Converter, so real that seemed unreal.For sure the software and the class A rig helps.
Regarding the moddings issue the difference are the persons as human being, bad and goods.I´m having really big problems with Audiocom UK http://www.audiocominternational.com/, after 9 months I´m still waiting for my DVD player I payed in advance to receive only smoke. Bad people don´t go to heaven and for people with no dignity, sooner or later the bad reputation will do justice...I hope. But there are modders and modders, so I´m not shooting free.
Congrats Redwoodgarden! Just in case you missed it, there is an updated version of the UX-3 called the UX-3 SE. You will find details at:
http://www.teac.com/esoteric/UX-3_SpecialEdition.html
On the Question of the Ayre C 5X, i asked a dealer recently, how the CX 7e stacked up against it on CD alone. He said at a recent session with customers, they could'nt hear any meaningful difference. I presume some of you guys disagree and think the C 5X is ahead on red book.
If you buy and expensive CD player you are making a mistake in overlooking USB DACs. I have a Wavelength Audio Brick and blows aways most of the $4000 players out there. Ayre being one of them.

Honestly, do yourself a favor and give a hard look to Wavelength Audio products, they are second to none. Computer convenience, with Audiophile sound.