What is the best redbook CD player for 6K to 8K?

I am looking for the best redbook CD player for 6K to 8K that will project a 3 dimensional hologram-like sound image. I am considering the Mark Levinson 390S CD player. I am open for suggestions concerning comparisons between this and other CD players of equal or better sound quality. Universal players are out of the running since I own only redbook CDs. The fickle finger of fate has not made up it's mind about the next generation of media technology. So until then I will be patient and enjoy what I have.
redwoodgarden
consider the 2 box naim cd x, vintage 1990's.

this was the only digital playback system which didn't have the usual "digital" signature.
If you bought a new cdp would you consider keeping it for quit some time? Or would you sell it and take a loss like anything else that is new? If you buy used and get a good deal you can turn around and sell it for what you paid for it. This way you can test the waters with different players if you want. It is a buyers market right now during the summer months so if you want go and pound on those retailers. I still vote for used and upgraded.
Guido, when it comes to the actual manufacturer not providing spare parts, and exchanging units that failed under warranty for the new and inferior model, there is nothing anyone can do about it, including me. Companies like Denon, Marantz, Sony, Pioneer, Esoteric and more, are actually providing the parts needed for the repair.

Since I am used to de-bug Sony Pro gear costing millions, ANY consumer product is like a "baby toy" job, IF parts were available. :)

Regards,
Alex
Jp1208
, I guess I do not believe in revolving-door equipment. I purchased my first CDP in 1984 (a MCIntosh MCD 7000, replaced it in 1994 with an EAD P100 D7000 Mk. 3 combo. Replaced these in 2005 with Esoteric X-01.

Alex, supply chain challenges are one thing, poor customer communications are another, both concerning units in need of repair, and new order status. I am delighted that Mr. Rainwater has taken it upon himself to freshen up APL's image by purging most traces of customer dissatisfaction from the APL fora, and that APL has since been able to address a good number -- if not the totality -- of long outstanding customer situations.
All I know is that my Marantz SA12 and Denon 2900 after upgrades plays equal to or better in some regards than the UX-1. The Upgraded Theta Compli and the APL 3910 with the AKM DAC's and tube output stage would be in a completely different league. Only a retailer would be making claims that a stock unit could compare. Get above 20k which would be mostly separates and those stock players would give these a run for there money. Basically at this point it would be down to tastes. One person who has the Theta also owned the UX-1 with the G-25u. He sold those because the Theta was better. Maybe he will chime in someday. The modded units really give you more of everything! Definitely the open 3d image.