Upgrade my CD player or futile effort?

I would appreciate you guys input. I listen to 90% vinyl  and 10% CDs due to a lot of new music I get into only comes out on CDs. My analog system sounds fantastic to my ears but unfortunately my digital falls short. My analog system consists of:
-VPI Classic 1 TT
-Lyra Kleos cart
-PS Audio Stellar phono preamp
-Prima Luna 100 preamp
-Parasound Halo A21+ amp
-PBN Montana XPS speakers
-Dual Rythmick
F-12 subs
My CD player is a Marantz CD6005 running through my analog system.
Compared to my vinyl, overall the sound from my CDs lacks the depth and definition in bass, comes short in the soundstage and overall space in presentation and does not have the
same clarity in treble.
If I rate my analog sound a 9, I would rate my digital CD a 7.
My question is, would I benefit from a better CD player, even so the CD6005 is no slouch, or am I gonna end up in a goose chase?
I realize my CDs may never sound as good as my vinyl, but I would try to improve it if you guys think it would be worth the effort. Are there really some outstanding CD players out there that can measure up to vinyl? Personal experiences only please, do not need sales pitches by equipment associations you may have never listened to. Also all my cabling and room setup is a 10 to me with the analog so I wouldn't change any of that for my CD player listening.  Thanks.

128x128baylinor
I have a Marantz 6006 that I use as transport in my system. I listen to LP, stream- Qubuz, and CD. I have an entry level system that to me sounds very satisfying. I was steared towards trying Nobsound springs and found a positive improvement as a result, 35$. Real good starting point to see what the Marantz can do, and anything after potentially.

happy listening 
Nice confirmation, thanks. I think it was a sensible step forward for me in digital.
you ought ot like the Densfrips.  But keep in mind that it you feed it dirty, jittery, input (its actually not digital, its semi analog due to timing, which is the problem) you can still get very mediocre sound.
You must pay attention to the front end, and SPDIF (the normal CD player digital out)  is not pick of the litter.
Given your equipment at a minimum I would recommend a Schiit Yggy if you want to go the budget route. The Yggdrasil will compare well with DACs significantly more expensive. But unless you kick you digital end up a few notches it is going to continue to sound terrible in contrast to your analog end. For years I made investments that were futile because the analog end sounded so much better. Trying out real budget stuff isn’t going to be cost effective in pursuit of high sound quality.
Lots saying that Marantz cd players suck! Bull....they make some very nice cd players and have won awards year after year on s few...my marantz hd cd-1 is a very nice player, however I run it into a Border Patrol r2r dac with a tubed power supply. Sounds great. The hd cd-1 is out of production, but if you can find one used, it's a good choice. I'd also have to agree on a previous poster concerning the Marantz SA8005. It is also great and built like a tank, also discontinued.