Pass XA 25 versus Parasound A21+ - anyone compare?

Basically I'm looking at solid state amps to run my current Totem Rainmakers - with the possibility of upgrading the speakers to Joseph Audio Pulsars (used if I can find some) as well.

My listening room is modest sized - about 18' by 13" with 8' foot ceiling.

Rest of system: Naim cd 5 player, Hana EL cartridge on a vintage Pioneer 600 table, Classe DR 5 II preamp.  Amp to be replaced is original Adcom 555.

I'm thinking both could work well, with the Parasound providing more dynamics and the Pass more finesse.  Obviously the Pass is about an extra $1000, which is a factor given the modestly priced system.  Also no balanced option with the Pass - not sure that is important.

BTW no Pass or Joseph dealer in my area (Atlanta), though Parasound is available for a listen.

Thoughts?
bobbydd
@voodoochillin    thanks, i am hopeful the same will happen or back it goes and i keep the parasound.  
Honestly, I hear no edge or grain with the XA 25.  This is with the Pulsar's, which have quite a revealing but very low distortion tweeter.

I am not very familiar with the Harbeth's, but I doubt there would be any adverse interaction between those components.

Best.
 The best experience I had with Pass was still too lean.

At least with the dot 8 series I've owned (X250.8 and now XA30.8), my experiences with Pass are the opposite to this finding.  I actually would have guessed folks who don't like the Pass sound would find them too warm, thick, lacking in resolution, slow, etc...

The 'meat on the bones' sound I hear from those two Pass amps plus the wicked 3D soundstage are the two areas that make them my favorites so far over other amps I've owned recently (Modwright, Simaudio, Bryston, Benchmark; with speakers Magico S1s and now Spendor D9s).   I owned a Parasound A23 years ago so can't really compare it...

I've never heard the XA25 though, but would love to try one with my D9s if it only provided a balanced input :)

I have the xa25 with Salk exotica monitors w/RAAL tweeters and the pass xp10 preamp. Absolutely no edginess at all.  Very smooth.  I love it.
@ddafoe 

i use my balanced cables from my preamp and use a nuutrik xlr to rca adaptor at the amp rca jacks.  works well.