When will Wadia 581 be available

Did anybody hear something about the Wadia 581 yet. I am waiting already for 5 months for the new CD player. I made already a payment and hope to get it soon. I heard they have problems writing the new software. Now I see some shops offering it while the German and Dutch distributor do not have it yet. Luckily I still have my Krell CD player but now I bought an 861B again for my second system since the 581 is not available (only vapourware).

What will the price be in America. In Europe it will be around 9000 euro new.

Peter
sprbggr
Hello Frankpiet,

Where do you live. In Holland and Germany the Wadia 581 is not available yet. We are still waiting. I am already happy if I get it around Chrismat which means 1 year !! waiting time.

Peter
Sprbggr: more about the new 581 in my virtual systems forum. Its an amazing unit right out of the box..
I received my Wadia 581 with v1.02 software on 13 DEC 2006.
So far, I am very impressed with the sound - deep, wide, natural and musical.

I see that Wadia are increasing the price of the 581 by $1,000 but I still feel that the 581 is excellent value because of its performance and build quality.

Well done Wadia. ;-)
Well I finally received my 581 last week. It has been playing continuously since then. I must say that it was well worth the waiting. It is a fantastic player. The player is much better than the 861B I had before. More musical, better bass and dynamics. It is even better than my Krell KPS28C (when I compared the Krell to the Wadia 861B it was a mater of preference).

Now this is the player to keep. Musical, dynamics, good bass. It is not cheap but it can play SACD and has an excellent preamp inside. If I connect the Wadia directly to the poweramp or use the preamp (Audio Research Reference 3) I hardly hear any difference.

Peter