LSA Voyager GAN Amplifier

Just got mine last week.  After 24 hours of play all I can say is that this is not your father's class D amplifier.  There is not one thing about its sound that reminds me of the class D gremlins that I do not like.  The low end filled in and now has deep impact, the midrange is the love child of a beautiful tube and clean hybrid amp - just gorgeous.  Highs are very clean and extended. Spatial cues are top notch. My system has had some damn good tube and solid state amps in it before and it has never sounded this good.  I am blown away with the quality of sound coming from class D amplification at this price point.

This 300 wpc amplifier is a real winner.....
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xjaymark
He says the improvements he made will be easy for me to hear. They also sound like what I was hoping would improve.

I am looking for more clarity and detail. A bit quieter would be nice, but the new LA4 preamp I am getting may solve that issue. More musical engagement
or the wow factor would be the best improvement.

Clarity and detail improvements would require reductions in distortion. The distortion of this amp is probably already below the threshold of audibility. Anything he does is likely to decrease performance. Does he have ability to measure before and after to provide any sort of proof that he has actually improved the performance of the amp? Let me answer: No. It will just be his subjective opinion.

More musical engagement and wow factor? How to do quantify these? You can't. It's subjective. He will monkey around with the amp and add noise to it. You can use software to add effects and tune it to your own specific likes easier, cheaper, and with much more control.
I have had plenty of kit moded over the decades, mostly to the power supplies, internal wiring, or bypass caps. Simple DIY mod is upgrading fuses, which can be a much bigger sonic benefit than many are willing to admit, or now coating the connections with Goop

The stock Voyager sounds really good after I replaced the leading edge muffling stock rubber feet and got better still as I replaced all my 5+ yo machina dynamica springs with these. Outstanding improvement

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08MT1R4KZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
The stock Voyager sounds really good after I replaced the leading edge muffling stock rubber feet and got better still as I replaced all my 5+ yo machina dynamica springs with these. Outstanding improvement

The mind is indeed a miraculous thing....

What frequency and amplitude vibrations are you trying to damp? What was the spring rate of your old springs versus the new ones? Are they even different? What is the old versus the new damping ratio? Have you checked to see if it is different or for that matter an improvement? How do you know the damping hasn't worsened?

This is why these "tweaks" are nonsense. It's all in your head until you have some objective basis to actually show a change based on reality.

I hear if you smear peanut butter all over your amp it will sound chunkier.
@kuribo You are making conclusions about something you have not heard. So you really do not know anything about this specific amp or mods. 

When I say wow factor I do have a subjective baseline. It is my CODA #8 amp. I preferred it to the stock Voyager. It is very easy for me to do comparisons of these 2 amps using ROON streaming, an apples-to-apples comparison. If I did not have the CODA as comparison I would likely have been happy with the stock Voyager.

The Voyager has a bit more detail and clarity over the CODA #8 but I still found the CODA to forcing me to stop and listen. For example, I do remember saying to myself wow I never knew that Jimi Hendrix song was this good, etc.. when played with the CODA (along with a lot more music). I have had this type of reaction with my AHB2's but not when paired with my Thiel CS3.7 floorstanders. The CODA and AHB2 do not sound anything alike.

The king of detail and clarity in my systems is the Benchmark AHB2. So I have another subjective benchmark (lowercase b). The stock Voyager does not reach the levels of the AHB2 on those attributes. Now if after the mods the more powerful Voyager reaches the levels of clarity and detail of my AHB2's. I will have a considerably useful amp for my difficult to drive speakers. Again this "difficult to drive" is a subjective opinion since I am not measuring anything, just listening.

BTW - I am expecting the modded Voyager to not sound like the CODA #8 more like the AHB2. However, that is just a guess.