Personal CD player evolution

To take a cue from the previous threads 'amp' & 'speaker' personal evolution, I bid you this question...

for me it was a Hitachi small black box circa 1983, bought from a Luskin's discount electronics store (I think I paid around $250), then...

-Yamaha COX-700U (1985 or so, still in use by my father)
-Carver ? model to match a Carver amp I had at the time
-Rega original Planet
-Cary 303/100
-Cary 306/200
128x128pehare
Single disc Sony--->Onkyo Integra 6 disc changer--->Onkyo Integra DPC 8.5 universal player 6 disc changer*, then added the Dodson 217 Mark II D DAC.
*Still debating whether to send the DPC 8.5 to John Hillig for transport and player mod package, to see if he feels the unit is compatible with his modification package--I think he said that he hasn't done a DPC 8.5 before.
1. JVC circa 1985
2. Adcom GCD 500 I believe? It was Adcom's first cd player.
3. Nakamichi MB5 - The music bank was a great idea but not reliable.
4. Pioneer Elite CLD 79 - I know, I know, this was a laser disc player but it had a separate cd tray that worked quite well at the time.
5. Jolida JD100 - I've had this for a few years now and am quite happy with it. I'm just waiting for the upgrade bug to bite again!
These treads bring back nice memories...:). Thanks!
1. Technics, first model of Cd player, 1985, $900.00
NB. As I've arrived in Toronto with around $1000 in my pocket, I've spend all of them in second hand audio gear,
"to fill the empty apartment with something nice...MUSIC!".
2. Tandberg, TCP-3015 A, $1900.00, very good at the time.
3. Phillips LHH 1000, 2 piece, made in Japan (!), $4000.00
Best manufacturing quality that I've met in audio so far, except for the Gryphon, Accuphase, Burmester...
4. Conrad Johnson, DAC with DR2 transport, great $7000.00
I'm sure that after many years, this still is a contender.
5. Audio Aero Capitole, MKI, superb sound, dubious quality construction...but it never breaks down...:) and is one of the most analogue sounding out there, if not...the most.
In the price range...seems that no improvement is possible still!
Yonojo, no s**t! I just got my Elite CLD 97 back from the repair shop. I have a large collection of LD's, including some rare music LD's. I'm using an outboard DAC, and listen with a pretty good headphone rig.

Years ago, I had a nice home theater set-up using the Elite SP-99D processor for AC-3 [Dolby Digital], as most LD's incorporated this, right towards the end of this format. Quite a few friends were more than impressed [so were my condo neighbors!] before the arrival of DVD with most folks getting a sub-par home theater. Had to break up the home theater when I moved.