Dual SVS PB-1000 Pro versus Dual Rythmik LV12F- does Servo Technology Matter.

I have a 10 by 12 room. The room is a closed off bedroom and we plan to live in this house for 30 years or so until we can’t live independently. Equipment will be upgraded over time but we will be using the same room forever. Our AVR is a Denon 3700 and our main speakers are Monitor Audio Silver S6 with matching center. Surrounds are Primus P162. Our previous sub was a BIC V1220.

While the subs will almost certainly work hardest for home theater I do want something that also works well for serious music listening. I primarily listen to classic rock but some jazz and classical does get into my mix now and then.

I am still mostly sold on the SVS but I wonder if the servo technology of the Rythmik might give me somewhat better performance for music.

I realize that dual of either one of these will be a huge jump in performance for us but I am wondering the Rythmik might have advantages for music while still being great for HT.

Other people on other forums have also suggested Outlaw and the Hsu VTF-2 Mk5.

Any thoughts on this, please?

Thanks,

bladerunner6
With all due respect, I don't think" serious music listening and AVR' belong in the same sentence. For music I'd choose Rel. But for movie explosions et al I'd try the Rythmic
I think the servo tech in the rythmiks will decrease distortion allowing tighter bass that you want for music. You can't go wrong with Rythmiks for either application.
I am still mostly sold on the SVS but I wonder if the servo technology of the Rythmik might give me somewhat better performance for music.
I have to say I agree with @artemus_5 that debating between these two subs is small potatoes versus the negative affect the AVR is having on your 2-channel sound (although I do wholeheartedly agree with you idea of adding two subs as they’ll greatly improve both your HT and stereo experience). At this point I’d say get the SVSes as they’re probably cheaper and offer better integration tools, and use the $$$ saved to put toward the eventual purchase of a good stereo integrated amp you can seamlessly incorporate into your HT system with the front L/R pre outs on your Denon. You’ve got good speakers, and I think you’ll be amazed at how much more they’ll give you in 2-channel performance fed with a good stereo integrated. Hope this helps, and best of luck.

Using a home audio receiver isn't what I would consider "serious listening", but to answer your question, you won't go wrong either way. 

I have 4 subs in my main system, 2 are Rythmik, 2 are SVS.  They're both great subs.

I have 2 small systems in small rooms like yours.  One has a Rythmik F15 and the other an SVS SB-12 NSD.  If I had to choose, I'd go with Rythmik, but the SVS subs are very good and a little more bang for the buck. 

While I'm a proponent of multiple subs, you should be fine with a single sub in a room that small.  I'd go with a sealed sub.