Record Cleaning Machines

Has anyone out there done an A/B comparison of the cleaning results or efficacy using the Degritter ultra sonic record cleaning machine which operates at 120 kHz/300 watts and an ultrasonic cleaner that operates at 40 kHz/300 or 380 watts (e.g. Audio Desk; CleanerVinyl; the Kirmuss machine; etc.)?  I have a system I put together using CleanerVinyl equipment, a standard 40 kHz ultrasonic tank and a Knosti Disco-Antistat for final rinse.  I clean 3 records at a time and get great results.  Surface noise on well cared for records (only kind I have) is virtually totally eliminated, sound comes from a totally black background and audio performance is noticeably improved in every way.  Even though the Degritter only cleans 1 record at a time, it seems significantly easier to use, more compact and relatively quick, compared to the system I have now.  I'm wondering if the Degritter's 120 kHz is all that much more effective, if at all, in rendering better audio performance than the standard 40 kHz frequency.  I don't mind, at all, spending a little extra time cleaning my records if the audio results using the Degritter are not going to be any different.  I'm not inclined to spend three grand for a little more ease & convenience and to save a few minutes.  However, if I could be assured the Degritter would render better audio performance results, even relatively small improvements, that would be a whole other story.
oldaudiophile
@miillercarbon, too funny!  Loved the video clip! If no one ever enters the vinyl inner sanctum, how do the records get there? Automation? Level 4 Lab protocols? Then again, the slot in the wall would violate those protocols. Perhaps retro-fitting an old jukebox for the wall transfer would be an acceptable trade-off. Gotta watch The Andromeda Strain again!

@antinn, that Orbit is a neat little device. No pun intended! The Tiger Cloths are interesting, as well. I've been using another brand in my cleaning process but only to absorb most of the fluid after cleaning, without wiping. After that, I just prop the records up for complete air-drying. That Clean Room sponge was/is intriguing, as well.
@bigtwin - I'm sure the spit that hits the record when you blow on it doesn't help with the cleaning. Carbon fiber bristle record brushes (not the thick ones) sweep the dust off and have a blade (if you want to call it that) that removes the dust from the brush when you sweep it over that. I'll do a main sweep for a couple revolutions, clean off the brush and then do an angled sweep towards the middle of the record and then the blade sweep. If your records are not generating surface noise and you bought them new or are not trying to resuscitate an uncared for used record, then IMHO you don't need a RCM.

As far as using a fan @oldaudiophile, you shouldn't get the record wet unless as I mentioned, it is dirty. 

I do use a leaf blower.....WHEN DRYING MY CAR! Dirt on a towel will scratch the paint.

The dust on a record doesn't come from the road. Unless you handle the record like a gorilla and/or use paper or junky sleeves, it should stay the way you got it if you keep the dust off of it. Unless you have a ton of dust in your air, a carbon fiber bristle brush does the trick. I do keep the records in MFSL rice paper sleeves, and jackets in clear poly sleeves, and MFSLs have a folder that the record goes into that then goes in a jacket. 

For the ultimate in OCD, the original UHQRs  (DSOTM, COTC, FP, SPLHCB, IR, TFTT and a classical one) have the sleeve, the folder, the jacket, and then a box with 2 foam inserts to hold the record into the box. It also includes a frequency response graph inserted into an envelope on the inside of the box and the number of the pressing on an authenticity certificate and the actual jacket. Probably would cost $200 these days (before all the scalpers bought them and jacked up the prices). They just started making extra large poly sleeves which fit these and other small box set releases, so I use them on these prized records. So 5 steps just to put the record back and then one more to put it back in the cabinet! They sound pretty good too. Especially Finger Paintings, Sgt Pepper, and Crime of the Century.
@sokogear, I was suggesting using a mini-fan, instead of blowing on a record.

Like you, I also use a carbon fiber record brush (Audioquest Anti-Static). I could be wrong but I don't see how this would damage the grooves of a record treated with LAST or even those that aren't. Haven't heard any problems, anyway. As I indicated earlier, I also regularly use an Onzow, as well.

I respect your opinion on the need (or not) for a RCM. However, based upon personal experience, I have to respectfully disagree. I've got records I purchased new in the 60's & 70's and have fastidiously cared for ever since. I manually cleaned some of them back in the 80's. I can't honestly recall what the before & after audio performance difference(s) was back then because that was just too long ago. However, I can assure you there was a very readily noticeable audio improvement after I cleaned those same records recently, ultrasonically. "Dramatic" is a relative term, of course.  So is "subtle". The best way I can describe or characterize the difference(s) is that it's something you don't have to be in critical listening mode to hear. It's straightforward and straightaway! Even my toughest critics heard/hear the difference(s) (e.g. wife; close friends who visit often and give me the straight poop when asked, not polite placation). I've never done a before & after with a new record. So, I can't honestly attest to comparative audio performance differences in this respect. I can only assume the potential difference(s), if there is any, would probably be more subtle than the difference(s) I achieved with the old records. Maybe new pressing methods and new vinyl/PVC composition might have something to do with this.
@millercarbon  Have to admit that sometimes you really crack me up.  Cheers.  
If no one ever enters the vinyl inner sanctum, how do the records get there? 
Trick question- they never do! First they would have to be organized. And, you know how that goes.....

https://youtu.be/2msCS8dvSok?t=43