B&W 801D trouble

Hello

I managed to blow up both tweeters on my 801D speakers and have a set on order which is on back order arriving next month. Now when I play music the sound on the midrange on both speakers are extremly distorted and muffled. When I crank up the volume pass the half way point the sound gets clear on midrange speakers but gets distorted again after 10-15 seconds.  When I use the headphone on the pre amp the sound is crisp clear.

Since the crossover for HF/MF for 801D is on the same circuit on the  will the midrange sound be effected this bad? How could I tell if perhaps the crossovers on both speakers are damaged? any other troubleshooting guide is appreciated.

BTW, I have eliminated the Audio equipment as with the headphone the sound is perfect so it is the speakers.

Thanks for your reply
silverrules
Stop using your speakers until the tweets arrive.

If you remove a driver from the crossover or short it it has very weird effects on the impedance curve which could be amp damaging or blow a crossover component. I know this is weird, but I’ve done this a few times in simulations

Just leave the speakers off until repaired.
Thanks Erik. That is exactly what my Audio expert said and I have stopped using the speakers until the tweeters arrive. What I am concerned with is that the crossover is already damaged and will blow up the new tweeters. How to tell if the crossover is damaged? Take a chance and plug the tweeters and leave the crossover alone? Thanks
Update: Ordered 2 tweeters (2 midrange, 2 crossovers, 1 bass, resistors for crossovers fixes, etc... for spares)  on Feb 17th and it arrived a week ago. Yes, 6.5 months for spare parts now. I have sound on both tweeters but can barely hear the midrange. I measured resistance on the midrange and it reads 3 ohms. My brand new midrange driver also reads 3 ohm. Am I going deaf? I am only cranking it up around 40%. Hate to blow them in day 1. I put my ears next to midrange & there is hardly any sound. Saga continues.