Mobile Fidelity StudioDeck Setup Issue

I am stumped.

Setting up my Mobile Fidelity StudioDeck +M I followed the manual instruction's exactly. Even watched the Audio Advice video on this (it's very good). I’ve set up many turntables over the years, so I’m no stranger to the process. Nonetheless, something odd is going on with the tonearm height.

After adjusting the counterweight as instructed. Seating the platter as instructed and making sure the anti-skate was set correctly, I tried to play a record. But couldn’t because the tonearm doesn’t lower less than about one inch above the record. I triple-checked the cue/lift lever, it was down (released). Checked the VTA and the tonearm was at the lowest setting. Looked for something that might be blocking the tonearm from lowering to platter level and all I could find is it was resting on the cue/lift shelf which was in its lowered position. I am out ideas how to fix this.

Suggestions welcome.
output555
Post removed 
I have a Studiodeck and just looked at mine.  Unless the whole tone arm assembly isn’t fully seated down in the plinth, you may need to raise the pivot of the tone arm to get it above the cue lever.  It’s kind of hard without pictures, though.
I think you can just lower the cue lever. Looks like there is a hex nut there.
What is the angle of the arm tube to the platter? When lowered all the way onto a record it should be just about dead parallel with the record. Looking at your table manual there are two things that could be wrong. To know which one remember the arm tube parallel to the platter.

VTA is adjusted by loosening the locking hex bolt at the base of the arm. The arm lifter is adjusted with a hex bolt on the side of the lifter.

If the lifter is too high loosen and lower it. That will drop the arm down onto the platter. Then adjust VTA until the arm tube is parallel. Finally, adjust the lifter to cue the arm up as high as you want.

This is only a crude VTA adjustment. Once you listen a lot and the cartridge settles in you will be able to fine tune. But this will at least get you going. 
sryeager

"I have a Studiodeck and just looked at mine.  Unless the whole tone arm assembly isn’t fully seated down in the plinth, you may need to raise the pivot of the tone arm to get it above the cue lever.  It’s kind of hard without pictures, though"

I think you've hit on a possible answer. As I said in my post, I checked the VTA, including loosening the hex nut and seeing if I could lower the arm. That didn't work because: 1) The setting was at its lowest level, and 2) When you raise the arm, you raise the entire arm assembly, including the clue/lift and counterweight.They are all as one piece, or so it seemed.

However, if what you're recommending is to find a way to lower just the arm and nothing else, or lower the cue/lift shelf and nothing else then that might do the trick. I think the latter sounds like the most likely solution, but again, don't want to tamper too much and void the warranty. MoFi has yet to respond to my request for help. More about their customer service, or lack thereof, later.