Power cord supplied with Luxman L-509X Integrated Amp

The power cord looks really cheap for such a quality amp. A polarized 2 prong male end to plug into the wall and only 2 prongs on the amp. What can I replace this with and not be unsafe? Seems all aftermarket power cables have 3 prongs.

Go to my virtual system for pictures.
thunderball
Can power cords make a significant difference? Yes, but only if the capacitance is different from a standard or regulated power cable, like hospital grade. Otherwise, your gear is poorly designed.

I’ve used quality power cables on Krell, Pass Labs, Parasound, Vac, Audio Note, Cary, Canary, etc. etc. Too many to remember. There has not been a single case ever when a good power cord, not a $100 piece of junk bought on Amazon, has not made a dramatic and noticeable improvement over the OEM cord on any transport, CD player, DVD player, DAC, pre amp, power amp or integrated amp I have tried it.

Thousands of other audiophiles have experienced the same.

Not putting a nice power cord in your very nice Integrated amp is a crime. You are leaving a lot on the table to extract the best performance from it.

Do NOT listen to the usual naysayers like Jason Bourne here. They always post on anything, and everything making no difference. You don’t have to believe me on this, just check their posts / history. It’s all negative posting 100%. That’s their hobby 
I guess the moniker JasonBourne09 was taken by somebody else, so this Jason decided to append his IQ instead of his birth year to his moniker. 
As far as a company including a ‘cheap’ cable. I’ve listened to PS Audio’s Paul McGowan explain, and it makes perfect sense. He considers the power cables they provide a ‘convenience cable’, good and decent quality, but they do not expect any of their serious purchasers not to change it for one they prefer.

He has stated; ‘why should I provide a $500-$1,000 cable when it may not be from a manufacturer that you prefer, trust, or desire?’ All he would be doing then is adding to the cost of his equipment, charging you for *his* choice, and make some upset that is wasn’t the cable they preferred in construction or quality, but you had to pay for as part of the rig.

Thus, he installs a ‘decent’ cord to get you going, knowing that you will probably change it anyway, for one that costs a few hundred to thousands of dollars. He allows you to make that choice, not his company, nor charge you for something you will want to replace anyway. Heck, I’m sure some already have a power cord that will be used on a new piece of equipment anyway. How many of you sell off an old amp, or whatever, with a high end third party cable included? I know I don’t. I’ve given the person a decent inexpensive cable, or the one that was included originally, and put right back into the box.

But, you will do not harm exchanging the cable from a reputable manufacturer. You have choices, and one is to simple use the one ‘given’ to you by the manufacturer.

Post removed