Power cord supplied with Luxman L-509X Integrated Amp

The power cord looks really cheap for such a quality amp. A polarized 2 prong male end to plug into the wall and only 2 prongs on the amp. What can I replace this with and not be unsafe? Seems all aftermarket power cables have 3 prongs.

Go to my virtual system for pictures.
thunderball
Most eu equipment is double insulated and they rarely run a separate ground. Most equipment which is to be sold there would be two pronged.
A different cable may look nicer, but it is hard to not get the power into the gear with copper wires even if they are not pretty.

The sound of an electronic component starts with the power transformer, diode bridge and filter caps. NOT with the wire from the wall AC outlet! Fancy expensive power cords are just jewelry to impress the unenlightened! Let the stone throwing begin!
The sound starts with your audio system’s home wiring, grounding, circuit, outlet and conditioning. You also forgot the fuse! 
Post removed 
The Luxman will benefit from a high quality power cord. However, my experience is with power cords which are terminated in US plugs. I guess you are not in the US since the power cord as shown in the photo of your System page is a 2 prong instead of 3 prong. Since I do not have experience with 2 prong cords, I’m not sure if sound quality will be improved with a higher quality cord.

If I’m not mistaken, the connection of 2 prong cords is not exactly a tight fit and rather loose in comparison to 3 prong cords?

It is unfortunate that the forum does not provide the facility or feature to post pictures or links to videos. Otherwise it will be useful and a whole lot of fun.
What to do.    
Start with the on board socket.   
 Is it a standard IEC?
Heres a chart for ID...

https://www.webberelectronics.com/info/iec-chart

If your wall outlet accepts a 3 prong cord (2 flat/1 round) then a typical (here in the USA on newer gear, anyway) C14 cord will work.

The ground will not be connected @ the amp end as there is no 3rd/round prong.

The stock cord looks like a C18.

DeKay
You have a pretty standard 2 prong cord. That means the amp is internally grounded and a ground wire is not needed. Nothing wrong with that. 
Luxman makes some pretty nice after-market PCs.  Check out the JPR-10000, 15000 etc.
Ryder ---- "I guess you are not in the US since the power cord as shown in the photo of your System page is a 2 prong instead of 3 prong."

I am in the US.   The amp came form an authorized US dealer.

Ryder------" It is unfortunate that the forum does not provide the facility or feature to post pictures or links to videos. Otherwise it will be useful and a whole lot of fun."  

I agree 100%
Post removed 
You have to buy a quality power cord to extract further from your 
audio system. The companies just give you a cable period .
pits up to you to decide which cable sounds good for you .
You can have a qualified technician wire a normal iec cord in the slot to get better sound but i would use it as is until you mesh it with the rest of your system.
I agree with everyone saying that power cables are hocus pocus, but then I changed my jug cord amp cable to one I made out of 60A wire for shits and giggles... and it sounded better. So now what do I do?
My guess is that dynamics and note transient attack are dependant on responsive current supply and maybe crappy cords are a bottleneck hindrance to that... I don't know. As for those claiming it improves the sound of source components, who knows.
I found the power cord choice for my 509 to be very influential, and critical, to get the most out of it.  
The sound of an electronic component starts with the power transformer, diode bridge and filter caps. NOT with the wire from the wall AC outlet! Fancy expensive power cords are just jewelry to impress the unenlightened! Let the stone throwing begin!
I'm with you JB52. Why would a manufacturer of high end audio components provide anyone with a power cord which would degrade the sound of their product? It makes no sense. Much like other crazy expensive accessories, I question their true value.
Hello,
Just get the 3 prong of your choice. The ground at the IEC or amp end will not be grounded. What I have found is that the ground connected from the wall end acts as an RFI filter. I do this on my BlueSound Node 2i with an IEC to C7 adapter. I don’t know what your budget is and I don’t know if you have a chance to demo or try one of your power cables at home. My choice would be a Nordost Red Dawn, Puritan Classic Plus. Or a Straightwire Gray Lightning. If you have the budget the Black Thunder by Straightwire would be a better choice to add more detail. The reason for my choices is to get you to a thicker gauge (14 AWG or thicker) which will help the component breath. If it’s an amp you can go to 12 or 10 AWG. If it is integrated you will need to go with something that lets it have detail too. That is why I really like the Straightwire Black Thunder. All the gauge with lots of detail. If you are in the Chicagoland area you can test this for yourself by demoing them before you buy at:
https://holmaudio.com/
There are so many great cables out there to chose from but the gauge is most important along with picking a good quality cable. These cables I have recommended go from $250 to $700 for two meters. I hope this helps you out. 
Hello, 
I have not demoed it, but the cable listed above by Lak looks interesting. I wish I could demo it to hear its sonic signature. 
Why would a manufacturer of high end audio components provide anyone with a power cord which would degrade the sound of their product?
Ignorance of the impact power cords can have, adherence to UL minimum standards for safety, and profit maximizing selection of components.
Ask MC… I’m sure an acquisition of the best available then painted one way only in rubberized black will net  a Sonic improvement.
MC recommends this PC.
https://www.moneoone.com/product/supernova/
The only thing I don't understand is why Luxman don't include one with every integrated they sell.
The power cord looks really cheap for such a quality amp. A polarized 2 prong male end to plug into the wall and only 2 prongs on the amp. What can I replace this with and not be unsafe? Seems all aftermarket power cables have 3 prongs.

There is nothing unsafe about what you have now. Millions of homes are wired that way, and even more appliances. There are even power cords that LOOK like they have a ground, that is you see a ground pin on the plug, but they are not grounded because nothing is connected inside. They do this because it is one of the easiest ways to improve the sound of any power cord.  

Jeff Smith of Silversmith was at my place recently. Jeff recommends this and even carries around a cheater plug to demonstrate. Sure enough the cheap black rubber power cord everyone gets for free did sound better than expected when used with the cheater plug. So if you already have no ground then don't expect as much improvement as you otherwise would get going from black crap to a quality aftermarket PC. It will be better, just not as much as otherwise.  

I looked into this when I bought my 509x.  Spent plenty of time researching, including long calls with Luxman USA.  Bottom line is they talked me out of a different cord. Said people have gone backwards at times, and I suspect the grounding reference above might have been why.  
@fuzztone
Yep, the one and only. He is quite special in the sense that he can use the same number to indicate his year of birth and IQ. 
I found the power cord choice for my 509 to be very influential, and critical, to get the most out of it
Which one did you choose?
I looked into this when I bought my 509x.  Spent plenty of time researching, including long calls with Luxman USA.  Bottom line is they talked me out of a different cord. Said people have gone backwards at times, and I suspect the grounding reference above might have been why
I suppose I should just leave well enough alone for the time being
+1 badger_erich! Power cords, fuses, power conditioners are simply there to extract wealth from one party to another party! 
Good grief what a bunch of ridiculous replies.
Thunderball, there are thousands of products that are engineered in such a way that they do not require a grounded plug, the term for any item like that is 'Double Insulated', so stop worrying about it, Luxman isn’t trying to electrocute you.
My experience with my L-590AX amp is that the supplied power cord is quite good. At one point, I replaced it with a $200 cord from DH Labs, and I couldn’t hear the difference. Later, I bought a more expensive power cord, near the top of their product line, the improvement was quite noticable.
Thunderball
, there are thousands of products that are engineered in such a way that they do not require a grounded plug, the term for any item like that is 'Double Insulated', so stop worrying about it, Luxman isn’t trying to electrocute you.
I’m not worried about Luxman trying to electrocute me, I am worried about electrocuting myself or frying the amp if I replace the cord with something else.
Post removed 
Think about inbuilt power cords for a second - used with many different kinds of electronics. You wouldn’t think of removing those cables and resoldering "audiophile grade" cables, now would you?

Yes I would and did and so do many others. Each and every component had a dramatic improvement in sound,with the exception of my toaster and microwave. 

Changing to IEC is an easy mod to make to a component, be it an amp, pre, CD or DVD player to get a good bump in sound for very little money. (Given you have a good cable already)

Post removed 
You are warranting that the manufacturer used inferior cable in their own product. Would you also replace all internal wiring?

Not only wiring, but each and every component they use. With a few exceptions, manufacturers use mediocre components and wiring. Thats Economics 101

Wiring is difficult to change and wiring changes really shine at longer lengths than typical lengths of hookup wire. Internal speaker wire I always upgrade. I have, and will continue to upgrade all signal carrying cabling/wire in my amps were possible. That is a mod that I generally do last, and only if fairly easy/convenient. Not possible on PC boards of course.

An improvement in sound quality would have to be entirely subjective

In theory all sound is subjective right? However, after swapping out component for more than 20 years there is no if or buts, swapping out to higher quality components in key areas does 100% improve sound.

BTW The toaster and microwave was tongue in cheek and I stated their sound didn’t improve. The day I start listening to my toaster I need to be carted off to a home for the infirm.
Can power cords make a significant difference? Yes, but only if the capacitance is different from a standard or regulated power cable, like hospital grade. Otherwise, your gear is poorly designed.

I’ve used quality power cables on Krell, Pass Labs, Parasound, Vac, Audio Note, Cary, Canary, etc. etc. Too many to remember. There has not been a single case ever when a good power cord, not a $100 piece of junk bought on Amazon, has not made a dramatic and noticeable improvement over the OEM cord on any transport, CD player, DVD player, DAC, pre amp, power amp or integrated amp I have tried it.

Thousands of other audiophiles have experienced the same.

Not putting a nice power cord in your very nice Integrated amp is a crime. You are leaving a lot on the table to extract the best performance from it.

Do NOT listen to the usual naysayers like Jason Bourne here. They always post on anything, and everything making no difference. You don’t have to believe me on this, just check their posts / history. It’s all negative posting 100%. That’s their hobby 
I guess the moniker JasonBourne09 was taken by somebody else, so this Jason decided to append his IQ instead of his birth year to his moniker. 
As far as a company including a ‘cheap’ cable. I’ve listened to PS Audio’s Paul McGowan explain, and it makes perfect sense. He considers the power cables they provide a ‘convenience cable’, good and decent quality, but they do not expect any of their serious purchasers not to change it for one they prefer.

He has stated; ‘why should I provide a $500-$1,000 cable when it may not be from a manufacturer that you prefer, trust, or desire?’ All he would be doing then is adding to the cost of his equipment, charging you for *his* choice, and make some upset that is wasn’t the cable they preferred in construction or quality, but you had to pay for as part of the rig.

Thus, he installs a ‘decent’ cord to get you going, knowing that you will probably change it anyway, for one that costs a few hundred to thousands of dollars. He allows you to make that choice, not his company, nor charge you for something you will want to replace anyway. Heck, I’m sure some already have a power cord that will be used on a new piece of equipment anyway. How many of you sell off an old amp, or whatever, with a high end third party cable included? I know I don’t. I’ve given the person a decent inexpensive cable, or the one that was included originally, and put right back into the box.

But, you will do not harm exchanging the cable from a reputable manufacturer. You have choices, and one is to simple use the one ‘given’ to you by the manufacturer.

Post removed 
Some of these posters have never tried a boutique power cord but they know there is no difference?
Post removed 
Post removed