Stem Player

https://www.stemplayer.com/

So this was announced by Kanye West himself lately and I find the device itself quite interesting. It claims to be able to take any song you play through it, and let you pick out every sound individually. Since basically all music is a sample of old music nowadays, if this device does what it claims, it would truly change the game. Especially in electronic, pop, and hiphop where almost every song is a sample. However, I'm more curious in how this device functions. Is it just an eq device more than anything? Any ideas? Not much actual information on it. 
akwilson501
@dweller its really hard to sample anything that has drums in it. It messes with the song you are trying to make. It limits your choices to parts of songs that don't have drums being used. I will say, I personally think art should be considered "open platform" and should be able to be used freely by anybody, without having to pay anyone for using it. Thats an entirely different discussion though, and a quite lengthy one at that. To say a musician has to pay to use a specific rhythm, rift, or chord is insane. So when will people have to stop creating and start paying.