Phono preamp tube rolling.

As upgrade rush bites again, planning to perform some tube rolling on my Rouge Ares Magnum. Please share some experience with tube rolling on pure tube circuit topology phono preamps. Practical experiences are preferred. Theoretical options are welcome too.
surfmuz
In general, I am not a fan of tube rolling.  Listener bias makes it almost certain that you will be certain you hear differences right away.  (Because you spent money on the new tubes.) But those impressions tend to fade over time, unless you are replacing truly worn out tubes, in which case you will inevitably love any fresh tubes. Given the fact you have supplied no further information, that is about the extent of any response I can conjure.
@lowrider57 
OK then. Phono preamp is an extension of cart, arm, table. I'm sure you will be asked this question again.
Totally agreed with first part of your statement, but no offence, I’m pretty sure I will not ask any questions, cause I like my own experiments and conclusions. Just wanted to hear other people experience.
Lewm say it isn't so.  You really believe  we are dealing with a pyseabo here.  Of course  without knowing  what OP thinks is a upgrade  is, how could one even begin.  We also do not know what tubes he is using,  brand and type.

Enjoy the ride
Tom

I understand. I like to tube roll, however, the sonic characteristics of a tube or set of tubes will depend on the circuit being used.
I can't find which tube type the Ares Magnum uses, but there is a constant in selecting tubes for a phonostage; only use low-noise tubes. You often need to request they be noise tested by the dealer, or you state that they're for use in a phono preamp.
 The reason is the high amount of gain used to boost the signal from the cartridge. If using MC, you may need a high amount of gain which will increase any noise in the tubes. If using MM, not as critical.

Considering that the preamp accepts 3 different types of 12 volt tubes which will affect the overall gain considerbly it would be best to list your entire setup.

DeKay