Do you stop the turntable or let it spin while you run e record brush

Hi all,

Since I acquired and have been using the Luxman pd441 I realized that this table has a low torque motor and the plater slows down considerably if I apply the brush with the motor running.
Which does more damage to the unit, the motor fighting the brush or the electronic being turned off and on dozens of times during a listening session?  Thanks all with more experience.

sukeun

128x128skchun
I guess I need to take a deep breath, slow down the process of listening to vinyls and be more religious about washing my records.
In the past records where just a tool and not some jewel.
In the old days (don’t know currently) if you are a “pro” dj, you join a few record pools and you get an allocation of the new release records (mostly singles/12” 45rpm) and don’t treat them well.
Only the ones you purchase (jazz, classic and some vocals) treat them well, and those albums are the ones in cleaner condition.
Thanks to all in showing me the multiple steps I should take to extra better fidelity from my vinyl.

sk
Vinyl is the Source on a System that has the Turntable as the Front End.
The Monies spent on the TT and Ancillaries will be nest served if the Medium delivering the information is at its most readable when being read.
Alien Information can be removed with the care methods that is being discussed .
I clean ultrasonically, so that only a small amount of surface dust remains. I get rid of this by

1. platter and record powered up to speed
2. flop a corner of 'Tiger cloth' conductive microfibre on the moving record for 2 rotations

Good luck!

I have a US Tank that is yet to be utilised for cleaning purposes.
The end product of the Cleaning Method I have been using has been very impressive.
I cleaned a Brand New Album recently that had a little bit too much surface noise.
The cleaned album was noticeably improved for noise and sounded Clean, listening to cleanliness is a hard perception to get across and understood.
It is present whatever it is.
There is not an album that has been cleaned in 2021 that has not been impressive.
The cleaned album using the new method is potentially cleaning all the residuals from not so well thought out previous cleaning methods.

I have no doubt in my mind the solutions that are being produced for cleaning at present are capable of deep groove cleansing.