Canton Reference 9k opinions

I recently started a thread asking opinions of what might be an upgrade from my Usher Dancer Mini-X DMD speakers. Received lots of great input from forum members. Basically I'm trying to decide if this will be my end game speaker in a 9x12 listening room. When I bought these I was also interested in the Canton Reference 9k. At that time it seemed like they weren't available for order. But now they are at $3,500 a pair. Almost the same that the Ushers go for now. Can't find much on this exact model but there sure are people that talk highly about the Cantons in general. Any opinions on this specific speaker or the Canton speakers in general would be highly appreciated
milkdudd
The Cantons are excellent speakers.  They are not brutal to drive and will do a nice job in a small space but agree, a subwoofer would be essential.  A subwoofer with an active crossover is always better than one without.  I am not sure if 100hz is the right spot to roll them off but have had speakers that roll off at that point and they do well.  

Tonally, slightly forward and best with warmer amplification. I just checked stock with the distributor and the Black version is in-stock and ready to ship according to the website.  

I would put these up against the B&W 805 D3s and despite the price differential, I am not sure who would win.  It would come down to personal preference.  They are very good for the money.  
Sorry to be the disentir vote ther is a reason ca ton has been blown g ot speakers for years the speakers tend to sound very hifish not musical and not refinement enough vo.pared to the competition 

You should look at kef ref1

A far better speaker then the Usher we wete Usher dealers years sgo
 I have owned a pair Vento 890.2's for almost nine years. I have owned some good speakers over the years but these will be my last. There is plenty of good reviews for Canton speakers out there. Come to think of it, the only negative thing said I've seen was the post above, go figure.
Go figure indeed. I’m sure the Kef Ref 1 that he refers to is terrific. It’s a speaker I have considered in the past but at twice the cost of the Reference 9k (plus $1,000) that pushes it into pre-owned range price wise. Beauty of the Canton is at $3,500 instead of $8,000, I can buy them new without going completely overboard. I like the Dali Epicon 2 but also $8,000. Then there’s the TAD stand mount at somewhere around $15,000. Audiotroy I do appreciate all advice. I am familiar with the online retailer that discounts the Canton line. However they don’t and never have sold the Reference 9k model. As for the subwoofer I have been using a single 12-in Jamo Sub 650 connected directly to my power amp through the speaker level inputs. I know two would be better sonically but even one is nice to have for now. Sounds like Rythmik subs might be the way to go at some point. Two seems awfully overkill in my small room but I know it would still be better. Quite a disease us guys have here. 10 years ago I couldn’t imagine spending $2,000 on a set of speakers. The difference is back then I couldn’t imagine spending that much. Now I can’t imagine spending that little, at least to get exactly what I want. I know there’s plenty of great speakers for $2,000 but like anything once you go to the other side you don’t want to go back
I owned the Canton Reference 9.2 DC speakers. They're very good, neutral, detailed, and decent bass for their size.

The KEF Reference 1 is in another league entirely. There's a suggested retail price. That's not necessarily what you'll have to pay to own them. Definitely worth saving up for.

The Cantons never made it into my main system. The KEFs kicked my Harbeth super hl5 plus out of the main system.