Does anyone make a preamp with a subwoofer output?

On my HT receiver, there are subwoofer outputs that I can adjust where the sub rolls in and out.
 I was wondering if there were some two channel preamps with the same feature. Currently I’m running my two channel sub from an ARC preamp, bwo AQ “Y” adaptors and it sounds okay, but I’m sure I can do better.

Thanks.

JD
128x128curiousjim
knotscott,

You are correct, I can adjust the slope and output on the subwoofer. I’m looking to be able to adjust the slope on my speakers. My speakers are Acoustat Model X’s and their design (three wire) I can’t run high level inputs. That’s why I’m asking about if there are any two channel preamps that can do what my HT receiver can do.

JD
My Topping pre90 has RCA and XLR outputs. I run a KEF KC62 sub with the RCA outputs. The XLR’s go to Benchmark AHB2 monos. The Topping pre90 is a very neutral preamp. My Benchmark HPA4 preamp which the Topping replaced also has the same RCA + XLR output capability.
Another option is insert an active subwoofer crossover to your existing preamp, like the JL Audio CR-1 which featured adjustable crossover point and 12/24dB slopes.

https://www.jlaudio.com/products/cr-1-home-audio-subwoofer-crossovers-96020

yy,

That’s basically what I have set up now, running the speakers full range and the sub comes in at 70 hertz.  The panels on my speakers don’t like certain sounds, like the heart beat on dark side of the moon or really deep organ notes, so I want to be able to slope off the bass going to the speakers and let the sub take over.

JD
imhifian,

I started to go the dsp route and thought that maybe there was an all in one solution where maybe I could end up with a better preamp as well as the same controls I get on my HT system.

JD