LSA Voyager GAN Amplifier

Just got mine last week.  After 24 hours of play all I can say is that this is not your father's class D amplifier.  There is not one thing about its sound that reminds me of the class D gremlins that I do not like.  The low end filled in and now has deep impact, the midrange is the love child of a beautiful tube and clean hybrid amp - just gorgeous.  Highs are very clean and extended. Spatial cues are top notch. My system has had some damn good tube and solid state amps in it before and it has never sounded this good.  I am blown away with the quality of sound coming from class D amplification at this price point.

This 300 wpc amplifier is a real winner.....
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xjaymark
@jkscherk

I had been thinking I needed to upgrade my Audio Alchemy DDP-1 + PS 5. Not having that kind of money, first I replaced an optical cable that I had been using since I first got the DDP-1 between my Audio Alchemy DDP-1 + PS 5 and my Oppo 105 with a Pangea 1.5m XL coax ($150!), I was and remain flabbergasted at the transformation to my EVS1200 and the rest of my system

hth

Wonder how this will compare to the Peachtree gan fet amp? Seems like more of these amps may be on the horizon. 
@ricevs 

Could you do an a/b comparison between the Voyager before and after your mod and your Evs1200 amp? I’m leaning toward sending you my Mivera 1200 but wondering if I should wait for one of these GAN amps.
This thread is extremely interesting to me as I am considering the new GaN amp from LSA, Audio-GD 2A monos, PSA M1200 monos and the Coda No. 8. Coming from a McIntosh C8 pre/dac with Wyred4Sound SX-1000R monos, driving Magico A5s. I’m looking for a bit more dimensionality and lushness in the mids and sparkle in the highs. The Wyreds are great...but I’m thinking that’s the weak link for me right now.
I demoed the Magico A3 with Mark Levinson gear and I thought it was great match. I think the CODA #8 would be even better with the Magico A3. I have not heard the A5. The CODA would give you the sound characteristics that you are looking for. If the Voyager is like the CODA #8 then that would be something else at half the price.

I should say that I tried the CODA #8 with a Topping pre90 preamp and it was not a good match. The CODA #8 is gorgeous with the matching CODA 07x preamp. The Topping pre90 ($599) is an excellent preamp and I use it in my living room system with AHB2. I think it was an impedance mismatch with the CODA #8. So system matching with the Voyager would also play a factor.
Wow! Did not know about the Peachtree.....the revolution is happening! You have to understand....every GaN amp will sound different and every new amp has different potential (burn in and mods).

I do not own an EVS 1200 amp. I have a Mivera that I am modding right now but it will be gone next week. You already own the Mivera so the mod will not cost you much......but you want the best you can afford.....of course. There are so many new GaN amps coming that it will be impossible to know which one is best until there will be A/Bs of all the amps......and then again with modded amps. I am afraid that will mean never.....he he. You just have to decide sometime and realize that whatever and whenever you choose......that choice is temporary. There will always be a better amp......this has always been so. This is why I tell people not to spend over $5K on an amp......you are going to lose big, otherwise.

Here is the list of contenders.....too bad it took LSA so long to get their amp out.....they could have dominated the market. Now, they are one of many new GaN amps:

1. LSA Voyager 350 $3000
2. Wyred for Sound amp $3000  not yet released
3. Peachtree 400 amp $3000
4. Orchard Audio amp $2500  about to ship

up in price is:
5. Mytek Manhattan $6000   due out this summer
6. Mytek Empire mono blocks $20,000  shipping any day now
7. AGD Audion mono blocks $7500
9. AGD Gran Vivace mono blocks $18K
10. Merrill Audio Element 116 amp $16K

down in price is:
11. Premium-Audio/Class D Audio Mini GaN amp $750
12 Orchard Audio mono block baby amps....$1500.

Don’t blink.....there might already be another new GaN amp about to be released.....he he.

A year from now there will be a dozen more GaN amps....some from the mega buck high end companies. I am sure you will see some hybrids using tubes on the input, as well.