When someone listens to your system for the first time.

I recently had  a 30 something friend of mine, I'm 64, stop in for a bit and sit in my listening chair.  He is a musician and had never heard my system.  Decided to play him Sultans of Swing on my turntable. He was awe struck. Look of amazement on his face. he said he had heard the song countless times, but now knew he had never really heard it. He talked about the clarity, how wonderful the cymbals sounded, how awesome the bass was (thanks to the new subwoofers I bought). I played him a few more things, some Tony Rice, to hear some acoustic instruments.  He couldn't get over the soundstage and imaging. He said he knew why I sat in that chair.  He said he wants to come back, there are tons of songs he wants to now hear on my system.  I listen to music just about every night.  I enjoy my system, but sometimes get caught up in listening to the gear, wondering if I should change something.  Nature of the hobby. So nice to get a new perspective.  Reminder to stop over thinking and enjoy the music. 
limbonner
...ahahaha..the gas fireplace center-channel trick!...and the mow-centric neighbor.  My neighbor with a large field vies for having "hand" on who nearby has most recently mowed...the John Deere often fires up just before my post work nap or some sweetspot time.  :)

It is endlessly interesting to me how visitors react to a good system.  My favorite immediate response from wife's friend was, "VISCERAL!"  Another is music lovers taking notes on the music being played.  And, yes, some simply don't react or find the room tuning more a curiosity than the music.  Ya takes your chances.  

Many years ago, a lovely young lady stopped by, waiting for her boyfriend to join us.  My sweetspot was then a futon and I watched from a distance.  Her entire body and face transformed as she melted into the music.  It was one of the sexiest things I'd ever witnessed without being lustful.

I've read that maybe 5% of the population shares our interest in hi fi, the vast majority male.  I have a nearby friend who equally shares my level of interest and passion.  Fortunately, he lives nearby and we have a grand time evaluating and improving our systems.  His space is VAST with a 30' ceiling and 26' side walls with an open backwall.  My space is the opposite.  We both have to adjust to each's environment before settling in.  What truly makes it great is we mostly share music flavors.  His recent upgrade to a Lampizator 7 Lite DAC running 300B tubes is a game changer.  Onwards!

More Peace, Pin
Post removed 
Five subwoofers can also have an effect. We once had a couple over with a small child and the kid insisted on viewing one of the Jurassic Park movies we had. During one of the T-Rex chase scenes the entire room was rumbling and shaking and our furniture was rattling, and you just KNEW the damn T-Rex WAS IN THE ROOM about to EAT you! 😱😳😱

When the T-Rex finally let loose a ferociously loud roar (just before he actually DID eat someone on the big screen), the poor urchin literally sh#t his pants and began crying and shaking uncontrollably. Yep, five subwoofers can cause a small child to sh#t their pants while jumbling the guts and flapping the pant legs of the adults in the room 😱
It's no good bringing over people (non-audiophiles) to evaluate nothing because they have no experience to evaluate. Most regular people just want to turn it (your system) in to a juke box.