Magnepan 3.7 Jumper Direction?

A silly question but here goes... I am using AQ Type 4 speaker cables. These are directional. I want to experiment with making jumpers from the same cable. Does anyone know which direction the jumpers from such a cable should be pointed when installed as jumpers? In other words, with the cable marking arrows pointing left to right, or right to left.
dpmolino
Personally, I don't like them. I agree about the highs and also the soundstage seems to just float for me. I've heard them in a ton of stores and even some homes. I just am more sensitive to their highs, but we all hear differently. What Elizebeth loves, a couple of us hear as distortion. No biggie either way.
Elizabeth has a valid point, although I might suggest that the upstream components don't necessarily suck, they just don't synergize with the Maggies. And certainly, like most speakers, they won't work in every room. Environments with RFI/EMI issues can require attention to shielding or RFI cancelation. It is my guess that people who enjoy well implemented Maggies have given considerable attention to power treatment, power cords, ICs, speaker cables, etc, in order to avoid polluting the sweet ribbon sound with electronic noise. I think Elizabeth would agree with that statement. The Maggie ribbons are just delicious in the right rig and room. In my opinion, the crossover design in the 3.7s makes the top end even better than the .6 series.
I suspect we have all heard numerous examples of Maggies done wrong. They are not the most forgiving speakers by far. Thus it is not hard to understand why Maggies have a reputation of having bright treble. Also, and again, this is just my opinion, but in the .6 series, they could exhibit some harshness in the treble at the crossover if driven hard. But I have heard this same thing in several non planar designs, and it is a transient, not a persistent, problem. I would never, ever, consider using a resistor with Maggies.

For the OP, rather than mess with trying to make jumpers to match the AQ4, I'd do some experimenting with other speaker cables. I had much better results with Signal Cable silver, and even better, Anti-Cable, than with AQ 4. The audio magic liquid airs are better than them all, but the point here is that you won't have to spend much or look hard to find something better than the AQ 4, in my opinion.
Thanks for the input all. I think I'll hang with the Anticable solution, especially since it was nearly free. $200 and + options make little sense... to me. I suspect that like all things with cables, the sound is very much up to personal taste.

With that said, I have tried only a few brands of speaker cable. Looking for value, the AQs and Anticables do it for me so far.

I do not read what Elizabeth's comment regrading Maggies not having harsh highs is in response to. A poster did reference grain. So what did I miss? Like most, I haven't experienced harsh highs in either my 1.7s or 3.7s.
"I do not read what Elizabeth's comment regrading Maggies not having harsh highs is in response to. A poster did reference grain. So what did I miss? Like most, I haven't experienced harsh highs in either my 1.7s or 3.7s."

That was probably my doing. If you read the very first response by Ctsooner, he talks about John at Audio Connection installing the resistors on the Magnepan's and the result was better sound. I just mentioned that its probably not a cable issue, but a speaker issue since Magnepan knows about this and actually supplies the resistors with the speakers.

As for you not experiencing harsh highs with your Magnepan's, that's good. Don't let a post by me, or anyone else, stop you from enjoying your speakers. Its entirely possible you did a better job matching your electronics to the speakers and set them up properly. You're getting good results and that's all that matters.