Power cord choice?

Hoping to change (or upgrade) my current PC in use with my ARC CD3 Mk2. Currently I'm using a Locus Designs Polestar and setting a limit $600 max. I'd like to find a cord that can get more micro details from the ARC yet, I'd like to retain the smoothness but, try to open the sound stage and get a little more bottom in doing so. I listen to Alt rock (Sir Sly, The Killers, Gargage), rock, blues using Classe CAP 151 integrated and Apogee Slant 6s. I know this is subjective but, I'm also doing my best to work with my budget constraints and I'm not going to change if the improvement would just be slightly incremental. I'd like suggestions to consider, please.
rsjm80
If you can find a used Audioquest Thunder, that would be my pick.  I never believed in power cords other than having at least a proper gauge to provide enough current until I tried the Audioquest Storm series.  I too couldn't believe that a power cord could make any difference.   I was wrong.  My experience with the AQ cords is that they lower noise.  I would have been very happy not to drop $$$ on power cords but the right ones can make a difference.  Also, if you are using a power conditioner like a PS Auido P20 or similar using something like the AQ Storm Series cords between your conditioner and equipment is a real plus.  The very low impedance of a well engineered power cord with reduce compression of the sound stage in complex passages.  
Anticables power cords are audibly better in my systems. No doubt there are other manufacturers who make good power cords but I think they are exceptional. They have an easy trial policy that makes trying one a no risk proposition. I was quite sceptical before about power cords (and regenerators) - no longer.
Once again, sales pitches from commissioned people are influencing buying choices.  I think the best person to consider for this advice is the designer of the product.  If he, or the bean counters, compromised on such a simple piece of wiring, you should buy a different product, rather than second guessing a compromised design by pouring more money into it.  If the power cord is not the best needed for the application of an expensive piece of equipment, the engineer/designer has wasted his time with the rest of the design, and more than likely also used other cheap parts inside the unit.  AS far as asking another audiophile, one must control for all possible differences, from the amps, speakers, sources, and of course the room acoustics.  But!  Keep trying.  I have always enjoyed watching people continue wasting time, as I am now doing, striving to adjust their psyches to try to gain approval, both from others and from their view of themselves, as they strive for perfections that continue retreat from us, maybe logrythmically, faster than we can learn that the idea of finding perfection is futile.  Just enjoy the music!  Don't worry about it.  If you hear something that sounds better, decide if it is for you.  Quit inventing problems to solve. There are only a few hosts who are worse than an audiophile who, rather than playing good music for his guests, obsesses over a few bars of music, while asking... well, no matter what he asks it is always, "Am I cool enough, yet?"
Rsjm80, the problem when you ask a question like yours is that people start recommending power cords and don’t really consider or realize the issue.  I myself can not recommend any power cord to you unless I personally hear the cord your presently using and can then know what cord I’ve heard that might give you what your looking for.  I think anyone who’s posted info to help who’s heard your present power cord might offer the best advice.  I have a ton of cords, amps, preamps, cables etc and I would not guide anyone unless I’m familiar with the item they are presently using. 
I have been exceedingly happy with the AudioQuest Thunder power Cord that I use with my AQ Niagara 1200 power conditioner. As I worked my up the AQ line, from the NRG thru the AQ Blizzard and finally the Thunder, I became more aware of a much better sound quality in my system. As Garth Powell from AudioQuest explains in his many videos and interviews, power cords and conditioners on their own do not add anything to the music, they increase the clarity and detail in recorded music by removing RFI and EMI, and nothing more.