Subwoofer Footing - Connect or Isolate?

What is considered the best way to "foot" a subwoofer, should one try to connect it with the floor or isolate it? I have a REL 7i that I have firmly coupled to my wood floor with the weight of a 42 lb curling stone, mainly because it looks cool. Would some sort of isolation be better and reduce resonance from the floor, or could the connection with the floor help "drain" resonance from the subwoofer cabinet?
zlone
WOW, it makes me wonder if people pay attention AT ALL.

There is no solid anything in a conventional domicile.

I had to pour a 22" thick by 24" wide x 18 foot long to get a base.  Just to isolate gear correctly, and stop transfer from built in base traps. 10,500 pounds of concrete and a 5/8 rebar cage of sorts.. It is isolated from the 5.5 inch slab in the old metal shop.. LONG term project, LOL 33 years ago now. A really good concrete guy did the figuring a LONG time ago..
ZERO cost.. he paid for everything. REAL good friend.. RIP..

In Pete, sandy loam or bog forget it..  I can jump up and down and you can feel it 50 feet away.. 1/8 mile from my house it's just that way.. Tule Pete.

Regards
I'm with oldhvymec on this one. The only thing that made listening to my stereo system remotely tolerable was to move the house off its existing foundation, remove the foundation, excavate a 35' x 45' x 15' deep pit,
fill it with rock and rebar and pour a bazillion truckloads of concrete into the fill it. The new audiophile foundation cost me plenty, you can be sure of that.

That's why my REL T5 does not need special footers or even springs.
Have any of you guys who are so sure about springs actually tried them?
Again, note the difference between those who have done and those who talk as if they have done. Would be nice if all the people repeating nonsense about springs would include a statement to the effect they do not really know what they are talking about, because they have not tried. 
Have you actually tried them? Because everything you are saying is proven wrong the minute you actually try them. None of what you are saying actually happens. So have you actually tried? Or is it all blather?
I have.  Huge difference in the system I heard it on (the one in the video posted earlier).  Amazing what it sounds like isolated from the floor and room structure.  This was build by an acoustics expert whos quite popular in the US and builds the best mastering rooms Ive ever heard. 

I like oldhvymec, cool story about the big generators.  I was thinking of a hotel I visited recently with back up generators out back on big concrete pads so maybe it was more than concrete?
brad