Recommended FR 66 service

Hi guys
can anybody recommend somebody reliable to refurbish an FR66s tonearm ?
cheers
howard 
128x128howardalex
BTW disassembled 64 is here and disassembled 64s is here

And a post from unlucky guy who did not finish with his 64fx here
@chakster that's interesting, thanks for sharing. I've read several report that the sonic difference between 64S and 66S is relatively small and not justifying the enormous price difference. So I'll stick to my 64S and be done with it.

I didn't know the 66FX was gunmetal instead of aluminium, which would explain the large sonic difference with the 64FX that you hear. I really like the 64FX though, but in the end I do prefer the 64S for my most treasured cartridges. My favorite arm however is Audiocraft AC-4400, which just happens to be made from gunmetal as well. Judging from its performance gunmetal must to be a great material for tonearms. I think the Micro Max tonearms were also made from this material. Never heard one, but by all accounts a great tonearm as well.
However, Ken from Otomon Labo said the arm tube is not gunmetal. It’s been said before by expert that FX armtube is composite materials. Ken claimed that gunmetal used for other parts of 66fx tonearm (except the armtube).

But the users or 64s tonearms always refer to “aluminum” as disadvantage over ther stainless steel armtube of 64s/66s.

Very few people understand that early versions of Ikeda IT-345 (and long IT-407) also have stainless steel armtube! These early Ikeda tonearms are rare. They are satin finish and the armtube is not painted over, it’s unpainted stainless steel armtube (I have one of these too). But current versions of all Ikeda tonearms are no longer stainless steel, the armtube is composite or aluminum.

Adjusting my FR-66fx I noticed slightly different geometry, I believe it’s the same as Ikeda IT-407. But using my FR-7f cartridge (with fixed overhand) with PS distance set to 295mm the stylus tip on my Feickert NG protractor was somewhere in between of Baerwald and Stevenson. Same cart on short 64fx tonearm is spot on (Stevenson geometry). So the 66fx (“12 inch Banana shaped armtube) may have different geometry.
Maintenance of my FR-66fx tonearm has been done quickly and easily. On my images you can see the process step by step: Old grease removed; spring cleaned; new grease applied; reservoir sealed back again with soft glue. Most important: new grease for FR64fx is WURTH (Brake Cylinder Paste) suitable for lubricating hydraulic cylinder slideways and pistons in the hydraulic brake system. Done!

Long time favorite Fidelity-Research FR-64fx tonearm has been finally replaced with mega rare FR-66fx with N60 stabilizer nut on my Luxman PD-444 turntable. The 66fx with its banana shaped armtube is predecessor of the Ikeda IT-407 tonearm (I have IT-345 and I love it). The FR-66fx is stunning compared to both FR-64s and 64fx in my system.

*check the linked files before they are gone.