i want a dull, caramel colored cd player any ideas

i like a dull, veiled, laid,back, boring sound capable of putting me to sleep. i hate treble and i don't like detail. i like subtractive coloration to such an extent that all recordings sound the same. you can talk about detail, neutrality all day long.
if you don't tap your foot, it doesn't matter.

i want to relax, not bothered by detail or dynamics. veil the sound and cut off the highs. darkness and dullsville is my motto, by choice. thick caramel syrup makes me happy.
mrtennis
I agree with Rwwear...get some Bose. I owned the 901's in the 70's...CD's sounded very bad for the most part back then, the Bose helped a lot because of their upper freq roll off.

You could mate them with a tubed cd player...maybe the one mentioned above, or the CAL you like.

Dave
Now *that's* funny -- a Bose recommendation from a guy who recalls listening to CD's back in the 70's ;^)
Try Vicodin ES or, better yet, morphine with a double-shot chaser. I guarantee ALL your music sources will sound better...

-RW-
Dave: Off on the years -- but right on for giving Mrtennis the recommendation he surely deserves ;^)