A full range speaker?

Many claim to be, but how many can handle a full orchestra’s range?

That range is from 26hz to around 12khz including harmonics, but the speakers that can go that low are few and far between. That is a shame, since the grand piano, one of the center points of many orchestral and symphonic performances, needs that lower range to produce a low A fully, however little that key is used.

I used to think it was 32hz, which would handle a Hammond B-3’s full keyboard, so cover most of the musical instruments range, but since having subs have realized how much I am missing without those going down to 25hz with no db’s down.

What would you set as the lower limit of music reproduction for a speaker to be called full range?

I’m asking you to consider that point where that measurement is -0db’s, which is always different from published spec's.
128x128william53b
bache365 posts07-18-2021 6:28pmsorry very bad performance

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Interesting. 
A speaker has to  stand or fall on its own. A EQ might upset the natural performance of a  driver.
The Vox **Full range** was far from *full*, 
Whereas the davidLouis 4 incher, is truly FULL, rolls off ,,well actually there is no weakness in rolloffs, . Goes nice and low and extends nice and high. 
Only in the say 1200-2k range  there is a  slight  edge when orchestra gets loud. 
But in jazz, this lil full range really has some nice *warmish* (Body, substance) voicing. Not colored, not fatiguing. Female voice, very accurate. 
Its only when a  orch is in full swing the upper mids get a  bit stressed. But certainly *livable*. 
**Every wide band will sound different from another
I tried 5 different ones, and found this DavidLouis 4 incher offering    nice things in such a  small package. 
The other 5 had issues.
Dayton Audio 3 inch
Diatone 6.5 inch
AIYIMA 5 inch
Lii Fast 8 (old model)
Voxativ
= Not all wide bands are the same. 
bache366 posts07-18-2021 8:10pm@mozartfan
I did not see Tang Band  in you list , this is the Best

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You know I came across this driver, and did some reserach,,then for some reason did not like the voicing ona  YT video,, But as we just learned, YT vids do not tell the whole story, as my recent experience in  The Vox Project has proved.
So here is the 8 incher,, from my fav YTer Hifier, This guy is the best on youtube , He knows his stuff and presents it clearly and HONESTLY. 
I  only wish I could be where he is at in testing high fidelity components.
Here is his demo of the TB 8.. 
I am glad you mentioned the TB's, as i was very close to ordering the DavidLouis 6.5.
Not sure what the specs are on this TB8, and more important price, As the Vox Project set me back $800+
= I'm running out of cash...
Lets take a  closer look at the TB
DavidLouis offers 3 different designs in the 6.5.
Now i have to think things over........

.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeWdxE7qED0&t=115s
Just took a  look at the TB8, 
I like the looks/build of the DL's better + 
TB8's $315 each
vs
DL 6.5 $400/pair
I'm staying with DavidLouis,just not sure which of the 3 models I should go with. My guess is the bigger brother to the 4 that I have and really like.