Manufacturers past their heyday

There are many companies that we all recall from years gone by that are gone. There are some companies that while still around, seem be be past their glory days. For instant, while Conrad Johnson is still around, they just don’t seem to be nearly as relevant as they used to be. Of course, my thought on CJ are purely subjective. And yet other companies seem to be as relevant today as they were 20 of more years ago. VPI perhaps? Definitely McIntosh. 

Who are the other former high flyers that seem to be operating on an altogether different level these days? 
128x128zavato
While you're at it teo, it's manage, not managed.
So I've melanged to mengele it?
As for Usher, still around, and it’s Fred over at Katli, in Cali.

Dealers tend to take on.. and then...(as time passes) not sell more of a given product, not due to quality or quality in comparison to others.. but due to push vs pull sales.

’Push’ sales, is when the seller has to convince you. (explain, detail information on products, etc)

’Pull’ sales is when you come into the store looking for specific products and brands.

Guess which one is easier to navigate in a world of older deeply opinionated audiophiles.

It’s not the dealers who make the executive decisions on what is best and what is not. In most cases, that is.
My systems are full of old Marantz, Focal, KLH, and Jolida stuff.  In part, bec. I have no interest in putting more money into this hobby than I have, and also bec. I am very happy with the sound, and don't want to go through the turmoil of 'upgrading' or 'experimenting' again (which once almost killed my enjoyment of music altogether).  I will say I am not at all happy with the latest Jolida piece I got on spec while I was fixing something else, and you will probably find it soon here or on Audiomart.
@teo_audio. 
Glad to see Usher on life support, at least here in the States. They make some great speakers.