Bluesound Node 2i vs Upscale streamers

For those of you that have compared the Node 2/2i to some of the more expensive streamers like Lumin, Aurender, etc., what do the big boys bring to the table. Forget the internal DACs, I'm sure theirs beats the Node. I'm talking about using these devices as stand alone streamers into an outboard DAC. What are the differences you've heard?

Oz

128x128ozzy62
Breathing life into an older thread. 
I have a Node 2 going into a Chord M Scaler/TT2 combo using an AQ diamond Toslink cable. I think it sounds very nice. Spacious, lots of detail to let my 802 D2s bloom. That said, I have been wondering if getting a better streamer will justify the cost… I have a $500 streamer in a very expensive stack, so if there was a weak link, the node would be it. I took home a Aurender  A100 from the local Hifi shop to test drive it, however it wouldn’t play with my Chord kit using USB a-b, which was super annoying…. I’d like to listen to an Auralic Aries G1 but no dealers near by to audition it, and I don’t want to spend a few k blindly. Anyhow, if anyone has used the Aries G1 with the TT2/Scaler combo, and also the Node 2 with the Chord kit, chime in and let me know. Super appreciated if you do.

cheers
@ziggy17 - I went from a Bluesound Vault2i to a Lumin U1 Mini, sent the Lumin back and got the Aries G1 and have enjoyed it. The Vault was a good piece but it pales in comparison to the Auralic 
I have a node 2i going directly into Primaluna Dialogue Premium. 

Will I hear a huge improvement upgrading to any of the higher end streamers mentioned. Also is it recommended to get a dac before the streamer to go to my integrated or streamer directly to integrated is fine?

TIA
For just a little money there is a road to big improvement of the Bluesound Node series. PD Creative makes a plug’n’play internal power board with external supply for the 2i and the new NODE. At about $125 US dollars delivered, anyone with an external DAC needs it yesterday - “It’s not subtle” doesn’t do it justice. My 2i is twice the streamer it was. My new NODE is stunning at it’s cost (IMO). Big words, I know. Have faith. It’s the best return for my money I’ve ever gotten in this God forsaken hobby. Period. All that’s needed is a philips screw driver. The back trim panel is held in place by magnets. Disclaimer - I am not affiliated with nor have anything to gain from PD Creative. I am stoked at getting so much for so little.
NODE > MHDT Orchid DAC> Herron 360 > Pass Xa25 > Acoustic Zen Crescendo II & REL SHO S/5