Sturdy earbuds under $100

Hi, I recently acquired a turntable system (that I haven't set up yet) but I do most of my listening on my computer. I have a few albums in FLAC but my factory Apple earbuds are getting really unreliable (sometimes I can only hear the music through one side, etc.)
I'm currently using a really cheap and not-so-good pair of Sony MDR-EX40LP earbuds that I'd like to stop using asap.
Anyway, I'd like to invest in a pair of decent earbuds. My budget is 100$, but I'd like to keep it well under that if possible. I'm not really careful with my earbuds (drop them sometimes, leave them in my bag under heavy books, get the wires tangled up, etc.) so sturdiness is important. Lastly, they should be at least as good as the Apple earbuds in being "silent" aka the person next to me doesn't hear it.
I mainly listen to pop punk, but also a few indie, folk rock, hardcore, and punk rock bands.

thanks!
toxicwaterfront
Research the Yuin PK2. Fantastic ear buds that don't require an amp, for $80.

As far as durability...you need to take 30 seconds and take care of them. I bought the Sony MDR-E828LP Fontopia Earbuds with Winding Case off Amazon ($10), just for the case. 20 seconds to wind them into the case, and they are safe and sound under whatever you dump on them. :-)

Mot
Etymotics, whatever their cheap one is now. Great sound, and the in-ear design makes them also isolating, which means less volume for a given piece of music.

I have a set of the ER-6, which was the sub-$100 model a few years back. Great phones if they fit you. Some people don't like in-ear headphones.
I've been using Etymotic ER6i for about 6 years or so now. They didn't seem overly indestructible when I got them, but I've been on the road with them, worked out in them, and so on without any hiccups.

They're discontinued, but I think the current Etys are made just as good. I have the ER6i and ER4S and both sound great. They isolate very well. I don't think they're the safest things to be wearing while on the go, but if you're sitting in a library, on the train, etc, no problems.

In ear monitors take a bit of getting used to, but most people don't mind them. I didn't like the way they felt the first few times, but they're fine now.

I think the hf5 is about $80 or so.
I have tried a few and like the Sennheiser CX300II very much in this price range,
Westone UM1 in-ear monitors. The best available in that price range. Best customer service in the world as well. They are one of the very few companies that truly cares about their customers and wants them to be completely satisfied with their product.

If you are listening to a turntable, it indicates that you are not moving around or doing portable listening. Why not invest in a decent set of headphones? Look at the Audio-Technica ATH-M50 if you want a set of headphones that seal well so nobody else can listen to your recordings.

Apple earbuds are rank. I would pay Apple $5 to not include them in the packaging. Just the worst POS ever made.