Can the new AppleTV be used as a audiophile streamer?

I currently have a Bluesound Node 2i and have enjoyed it however I got tired of Qobuz integration with it because whenever you back out of a list it takes you all the way to the top of the previous list. Aggravating!

Anyways I recently purchased the new AppleTV and started a Apple Music subscription. I know they don’t have it going yet but they’re supposed to turn on lossless music in June.
I wanted to know what other audiophiles thought this experience will be like as a audiophile streamer?

I have been playing with it using my Apple lossless encoded CD’s and I didn’t think it sounded as full and smooth as Qobuz. You’d think since it was local the CD’s would sound pretty darn good. This was just an initial quick impression and I didn’t check my pre amp to make sure there was some setting on/off that could be affecting the sound. I mean it was ok sounding but not WOW.

So, could a AppleTV be a audiophile music streamer when Apple Music goes lossless?

If so, how would we accomplish the best sound from it?

One thing I like about the AppleTV is the on screen ability to browse your music with your remote control you use for everything else.

The AppleTV is connected to a Marantz 8805 preamp via HDMI. 

My Bluesound Node 2i is connected to the marantz 8805 via a digital coax cable. 
todd1010
I have been using Qobuz with Bluesound Node 2i.  I have been checking out Apple Lossless. It’s 24/44 but it does sound good.  Qobuz is 24/192 so I haven’t cancelled my subscription but I may if Apple can upgrade Apple TV to 24/192
Post removed 
Not yet. Seems silly, but even their latest hardware can't keep up with their latest music delivery.