The XA9000ES's are hitting the Classifieds Rapidly

I guess more and more of us are giving up on SACD.. What a great player for $1350.00... Thoughts?

Chris
128x128the_kid
Nerve strike? Not at all. I was trying to gently hint that attempting to divine a global trend from what's being sold on Audiogon this week is not a very useful exercise. In most cases, there is insufficient data to draw a substantive conclusion. If you want to believe that sales of certain items are due to the "death of SACD," you are more than welcome to do so, but your belief is not substantiated.

While I'm pontificating, I'll say that I really don't understand this morbid fascination with and focus on the supposed death of SACD. Formats die. It is the nature of the world we live in that technology is superceded. So, we have quite a few "dead" formats in the world.

Vinyl is dead.
Videotape is dead.
Cassette tape is dead.
CD is dead.
SACD is dead.
DVD-A is dead.
DVD-V is soon-to-be dead.

All these dead formats, yet there are still new releases coming in all of these formats, and new players and equipment are still being developed and sold for all of them.
Why they want to kill SACD format, I dont get it, so
far the people who are not optimistic on the SACD
format are missing a lot.There are so many good
SACD selections out there.So far no funeral yet.
Rex,

I see where you are coming from and I have seen the threads you mentioned. I guess I was more surprised at the attractive the price the players were selling for and just associated it with the format. For $1350.00 I may just buy one for a transport.. Thanks for expanding on your point...

Chris
Chris I check your system,you do listen to Rock n Roll
I dont think you need SACD.I dont think you are sold
with SACD.Ask Markr from Illinois,I think He is your
friend.He own a SonyMod9000es by Modwright.He can tell
you, how good is SACD, thats why I always look who is
posting.And for the most part I check their system,before
I will agree.You do have a good set up though.Honestly
you did not experience the best of SACD.The audiophile
who are selling their XA9000ES probably are not sold
either.My 9000esDVP did notsound spectacular untilModwright
did the modification.
Jactoy,

You are probably correct. What I listen too is not widely available on SACD. On SACD I had Ryan Adams, Train, The Police, Roger Waters, Peter Gabriel, Norah Jones, and few other titles. The majority of those discs did yield an audible improvement over my redbook versions of those titles. However a few of them did not.

I have no doubt of the format's strengths. I am just always interested in which direction fellow audio hobbyist are going.. Thanks for your post!

Chris