Magico Q1 versus ...

A few months ago I heard the Magico Q1 speakers at an audio show. Thought they were terrific. And they didn't sound like a compact pair of monitors to me.

But there's also an opinion out there that they're really not that good, that they're overrated. Well, "overrated" surely has to be a relative thing, so, overrated compared to what?

What do people think is a better or equivalent quality monitor speaker for less money?
128x128wilsynet
Doc I've read the same about some of the Vivid - Focal - Caravelle speakers too. I do not have any dealers that carry those brands. Besides I just made my last payment on the Sig's yesterday LOL
I had Focal Diablo Utopia Be's before, and in direct comparision they were more revealing than the neighbors Dyn C1's ... but I don't think I'd say they were any better. The Focals were always just a bit edgy sounding, never relaxed or refined. Made it hard to just listen and chill. At least with the Dyn's you can just chill out and listen.

I do like the neighbors C1 Sigs. They're just so slow sounding and so much less resolving that in direct comparision with the Cirrus they are really boring (for lack of a better word).
Hey Doc77, regarding the Cirrus, are they the best speakers you've ever heard or best monitors you've ever heard?
Best I've ever heard, regardless of price or size. Yes, they are limited below 40hz. But the entire rest of the range they reproduce, where ALL the music lives, is exactly what I've been hoping to find for the last 15 years ... and had almost given up that it didn't exist.

If you need that last octave, add a sub. What they do better than anything else however, you can't add to another speaker in any way.
Hey Doc77, thanks for sharing with us your impression about the Vapor Cirrus.

I've been looking in the past couple of months for a pair of standmounts and on my short list I had the Dynaudio C1, Micro Utopia BE and Harbeth Super HL5. Finaly I was not 100% convinced to go for either of them and I ended up wishing there was something out there that combines all the virtues of Micro Utopia Be and Harbeth and has none of their weaknesses... From what I've heard from you, it seems that the Vapor Audio Cirrus does all that and more, taking it one step closer to perfection and please correct me if I'm wrong. Thing is that I live in Europe so there is no chance to hear the Cirrus before buying it so I'm trying to get an idea on how they sound like by reading about it. My biggest fear with Micro Utopia Be is that it lacks that spark of musicality that a trully superb speaker needs and that the Cirrus has. What do you think about it ?

What are you using to drive the Cirrus ? I have a Cayin A70T and I think the tubes sound will work very good with the Cirrus.

Thanks again for taking the time for all this...