My Apologies to Miller Carbon

You suggested I leave my solid state components on all the time in spite of the trickle charge when off. Today after almost 2 weeks I heard better more solid lows, more air between the instruments, less hash, etc. Miller Carbon also introduced me to the Schumann Generators (2) which I also find helpful. I have very heavy Vandersteen speakers and am deliberating those suggested springs. Thanks MC
128x128stringreen
Its laughable so many clowns on here hate MC.  I dont even seek out his advice, but through trial and error/tinkering I find it.   I just come here for the advice of those who know.  Carbon is one of those.  Hes a braggart sure, and I can see how some may feel he belittles them, but he knows his audio. Much more then his detractors.  Whatever their disdain is for him it has nothing to do with his audio knowledge, its a personality issue.

Post removed 
100% agree with the ’’true’’ postings on behalf of millercarbon!

MC without a doubt has considerable experience both traditional and outside the box. I always appreciate the obvious time and thought he puts into his responses.

He is among a few select other members (that I have come across) whose contributions carry any weight regarding system/component setup/selection, troubleshooting, and especially tweaking in simple, elegant and cost effective ways (many of which I actually tried with great success).

No I am not part of any ’’MC hairum’’.

Just respectfully sharing my honest opinion.

Oh, my Hegel, Ampzilla 2000 2nd edition monoblocks and a Forte 1A are left on 24/7 unless I am away for a few days (or thunderstorms).
DACs, phonstages also 24/7.
All SS.

Keep on truckin’ MC!

You know I will! 

The sick part is, and this is a long story, but there's things I am not at liberty to discuss on-line (Frank knows) that have a huge impact. When Danager was here I pulled one out and handed it to him while the music was playing. He heard the sound field collapse, looked at this little doo-dad in his hand and was all, "What the??!?!!" 

Experiences like this make it quite clear we do not really understand very much about what is going on. But if I say something like that, just today I said "maybe you will understand" and the poor guy went all MDS on me. But that is the stone truth: we do not understand very much of what is going on!

Yes there are things we do understand, or seem to understand, very well. When those come up it would be dishonest and a disservice to pretend otherwise. 

But I will let you in on a little secret. If there is one thing that could be called my secret weapon it is that I am fully prepared to admit I don't really know what is going on. Why? Because the minute you are sure you know, you stop looking. 

If I was so arrogant and certain as the haters make out then I never would have tried HFT, ECT, PHT, springs, TC, Townshend, Moneoone, Schumann, DBA, on and on. 

Every single one of those was a risk in that it could well have been a flop. Instead, almost all were a total success.

There is a thought process that goes into it, but it is so hard to explain, don't know if I could even if I tried. What I can do is show by example. That is why I keep making the point I have been able to make some really killer purchases for going on 15 years now without ever auditioning any of them. There is a thought process. Maybe people can learn by watching, I don't know. But I assure you as hard as it is to explain nevertheless it is there! It is skill not luck- and this is vitally important to understand because if I am right and it is a skill then that means it can be learned. You can do it too.

That is my fondest wish.
Post removed