Has anyone heard the modified TRL/Sony DVP-NS900V

I was viewing a previous thread on this forum regarding the TRL modified Sony DVP-NS900V SACD player, but it is now gone. Has anyone had experience with this Sony SACD player?

hifying
I've heard nothing but wonderful things regarding this player. The thread you are referring to has been moved to the "reviews" section of this site.

best
The thread was moved to under reviews, which is one persons opinion. I have heard this machine, and in fact bought one 2nd hand, and sold it. MO is that it is very musical analog sounding player, that is very very good in it's price range. The treble is rolled off a bit, mid bass a little weak, and low bass a touch boomy. I TT another fellow who sold his for 700 on Audiogon, who preferred his Audio Mirror Dac. I still have my TRL 595, for the resale is too low for me to part with it. There are tons of very high grade players on the market today. The player this reminded me most of is the Eastern Electric Minimax, which only plays redbook/hdcd, but, has tubes to roll. I suggest you find a place to hear it for yourself, and then LET YOUR EARS DECIDE. I am obsessive in this search for digital, and have owned over 40 sources in the past few years. I let my ears decide.

Best of luck in your journey
The review, or at a rave review by Clio09, is down below, 10-15 listings earlier. Good reading.