Class D amps seem poised to take over. Then what?

I am certainly biased by my lifetime final amp being a Class D. But I know that after 30+ years of development, Class D seems to be on a high plain. I know there are now many, many companies focusing on Class D and, maybe, a good handful already as good as it gets. My Class D amp is as smooth and beautifully musical as a great tube amp and as punchy and detailed as a great SS amp. I am satisfied and done with my search. A class D amp has effectively taken me off the amp merry-go-round. It’s about time after 50 years. And, for me, this Class D is a milestone. Will all other classes of amps fade away?
mglik
fuzzy one:  many performance car drivers use ultra high performance summer tires which CANNOT be used in cool temps, requiring the use of winter tires which make a huge difference in handling.  I personally use ultra high performance all seasons and winter tires, also a huge difference.

earlflynn:  I have a NAD M33 with the latest Purifi amplification.  Have not had a single issue and it runs extremely cool and has great sound.  What NAD units are you referring to?

When I think Class D, I automatically think of the good stuff like Devialet, Linn Amps, and Bryston (sp?) amps.  I have a very nice pair of Audio Research DS450M monos that I really like.  These are fairly powerful, meaning 450 wpc into 8 and 650 wpc into 4 so no lack of power there, and since these are ARC amps, I know it’s good stuff.  They’re even voiced with the ARC house sound.  As an added bonus, they don’t cook the entire place after an hour or two of listening like my Pass monos do so they’re good on electricity use, and low on heat generation.