Supratek Owners Thread

Greetings All - 
It appears that the 26-million-plus view, multi-decade "Preamp Deal of the Century" Supratek thread has been removed. I'm not sure why, but suppose there must be a reasonable explanation.
In any case, on that thread I recently asked whether there might be interest in a "Supratek owners thread" and received some interest. 
The purpose of this thread is for Supratek owners to share the details of their system, ask questions, share information about any tube-rolling they have done, and so forth.
I'll kick us off here with a few details about my system -
ancient Linn LP12 with Ittok arm, Dynavector 17D3 cartridge into Cortese LCR phono stage
Power amp is a fully serviced Innersound Electrostatic amplifier
Quad ESL63 speakers (not USA monitors) or JBL 4430 studio monitors
Digital sources are immature and evolving - ancient Fostex CR300 cd player/burner
DacMagic 100 DAC
Nordost Blue Heaven 75ohm interconnect
Due to the fairly long lengths of speaker wire required in the new listening room, speaker wire is Belden 12 gauge wire designed for low-voltage outdoor lighting systems. 
Next steps - dedicated circuit, new power cords, new interconnects, new wires.
128x128markusthenaimnut
Update on my Supratek Cabernet pre, it is packed down, ready to being shipped back to Mick for warranty repair. Hopefully I will have it back soon in full working order.
Will keep you updated.
@alpha_lam  gotta disagree with you on the  'if you plan to own a supertek, be prepared for a very involved experience',..   you bought a used unit and have issues, you are in the minority of owners out there.  If owning a Supra was 'involved' Mick wouldn't have a business. Especially a biz with tons of units out in the field an such a loyal following.   Yes, stock units will present issues from time to time and yes when I have repaired,  I have found a bad solder joint here and there,  it is not the norm though and honestly they have been much older units that have had some very obvious use and been banged around a good bit.  His soldering is excellent and rarely do I ever find bad joints though on occasion I will.   Regardless,  it happens anywhere in this business and more importantly Mick covers any issue on stock units for their LIFETIME.  That's pretty amazing considering the size of his operation.    I'm not aware of him using electrolytics in the cathode of the DHT, much less anywhere in the circuit save for on PS regualtors or B+ filtering in early models.  I have worked on these units with models going all the way back to 2005,..  always film caps and always one on each side of the DHT filament above the center tap.  It sounds as if this unit was modded and someone didn't know what they are doing based on your description.  When I repair a unit,  you would be hard pressed to tell that the circuit (solder joints)  are not original and had been repaired.   It is entirely possible the unit was modded (which it sounds like from your description).   Not to mention that when that unit left Mick's shop,  I can almost guarantee that it did not have the issues you experience.  That type of imbalance would have been easily caught while Mick QC'd the unit.    Anything is possible so I'll stop short of saying it isn't possible,  but I do want to correct you on your idea that Supra's in general require effort to own.  That is just not true as they are created and made correctly 99% of the time.  
Yes the alpha lam experience would seem to be far from typical.As soon as as read his post I thought to myself that sounds like a unit which had been messed with by some incompetent person.About ten years ago some people on the long Supratek thread were promoting swapping the standard caps for all sorts of more exotic and crazy alternatives.I suspect that is what happened to this unit except whoever replaced the stock caps also wired one in the wrong way round.Also the 101D Cabernets were my least favourite Suprateks and I have heard them all A bit too "characterful" for me although they might be great in the right system.Might be time to send that unit back to Supratek to be corrected and perhaps upgraded to the latest circuit/different DHT.
Also yes not all Suprateks have transformers in the chrome domes.It depends on the era/model.Both mine do. The domes were retained to  maintain a consistent aesthetic.
I own one of the 6SN7/DHT 300B/45 pre amps and it has to be one of the best sounding pre amps that i have owned without spending 25k and more.