Looking for an amp that punches way about its weight and I can grow with

So recently I purchase a McIntosh MC300 from a reputable dealer and got it and plugged it in and turned it and a nice arc/small flame came out the top and then the amp no longer worked.  So I am sending it back, and sending back a McIntosh is no funny it is too heavy and there are too may boxes!!!  Anyway this have given me time to think and do a lot more reading and I find this forum has some very open views on their thoughts which I love.  So that being said I am looking for an amp that punches way above its weight.  They will be driving Martin Logan Electromotion ESL's.  I know that electrostatic speakers require amps over watts (I think that is what I have be reading but I am still learning)

So a couple of the important details; my budget is around $3000 with a little wiggle room.  The rest of my system is as follows: SOTA Sapphire VI turntable, McIntosh MP100 Phono pre, Schiit Feya+ tube rolled pre.  90% of the music I listen to is Rock the other 10% is Jazz.  I am looking for something that will last me awhile and be great for a Martin Logan upgrade at some point.  I have been looking at some stuff by Rogue and Odyssey but dont know the brands well.  I also live out on the middle of nowhere and all I really have available to listen to is McIntosh.  So any feedback would be greatly appreciated.   
128x128justinrphillips
moofoo+1

AVA great sound and value for the $.
Surprising it was the last mention.
If you can save just a bit you can get the excellent Coda Amplifier 
that is best in class without reservation no Amplifier I know of is even close in power supply ,dynamics and control.the Coda has a Potted sealed for low magnetic field a 3kva transformer,over 80kuf in capacitance Jfets and 40 matched  bipolar transistors on the output , and 3 choices for power output the lowest 150,300,600
1st 18 watts in pure class A ,then 2 other power options ,
10 years warranty, 5 year transferrable. And made in U.S.A
mike at Audio Archon is the guy to speak with on a deal.
not to hijack my own post, but I really like the AVA amps from what I see of them.  But I notice none have balanced inputs.  How big of a difference does balanced vs RCA make on an amp?
second, they all add coloration to the sound so you are not getting true high fidelity because even the best do not have a flat response over the entire audio spectrum, especially when compared to modern day solid state amplifiers.  Generally there is a roll off of the high end that some people like but one shouldn't fool oneself into calling it high fidelity.  Second, the quality of tubes made today are not up to what they were when tubes were it.

Tubes are actually more linear than solid state devices, try using a transistor without any negative feedback. The only reason the high end frequencies can be rolled off in some tube equipment is the output transformer. You don't have to use output transformers in tube amps.
How come no one ever talks about the old Bob Carver amps?  Like the signature series amps.  Were those junk amps?  It's hard to imagine that Bob Carver, a pioneer in amplification, always gets left out.  Thank you.