Best picture from an under $400 DVD player

It has been a while since I posted, but I am back. Hello to everyone!!! Quick question? I just purchased a 50 inch Panasonic plasma screen (TH-50PHD8UK) for a new condo (Yes...for those of you wondering..I did finally use the money from my old system to buy my first place). I am looking for the best picture possible from a DVD player under $400 (and to be honest.. preferably under $300). The audio quality of the DVD player (cover your ears audiophiles) is irrelevant to me as this will only be running through the TV's add on speakers. I am more then willing to buy new or used. Thank you for your suggestions.

Dan

P.S. For those of you wondering..I am now in the D.C. area.
drhst20
Dan,

Why would you have to use an RCA to headphone jack? Doesn't the TV have regular stereo input RCA jacks? I would think you would just go RCA analog L&R outputs from the DVD player to L&R RCA inputs on the TV. This would be the same audio connection even if you are using Component video for the video connection.

If the TV supports HDMI or DVI, I would get the Oppo for picture quality.

TIC
Hey Dan,
Whereabouts in DC are you? I'm downtown, Shaw/Logan. Good to have more Goners in the hood, welcome!
Cheers,
Jon
P.S. I have a Samsung HD841 that's a pretty nice player for the price. Usually around $150 or so.
My TV only has a 1/8 jack input for audio when using the DVI board so in order to do audio I will have to go RCA out to the 1/8 inch jack. I spoke with Oppo and they said that iw would work without problem up to roughly 30 feet. I only need a 10 foot run so I am going with the oppo. Here is a link to my DVI board (http://www.plasmaconcepts.com/store/detail_accsry.asp?product_id=AC155).

Thanks for the help.
Dan.

P.S. I am in the Ballston area
I see, well if you like wine at all there's a real cool little store in Clarendon called Best Cellars. I'm in the wholesale wine biz and that's a good account of mine with lots of fun wines. It should be quite close to you. Also for a restaurant recommendation on that same block of Clarendon Blvd check out Harry's Tap Room, great food and a cool bar scene. Sorry to hijack the thread and welcome to the area!