Best tube preamp ever

I am trying to invest into a preamp. I would like to get the best of the best of tube preamps. Can anyone comment on what or which brand I should be looking at if money was not an object.
Thank in advance!
gago1101
Listen to Goldeneraguy. Don't forget the room. It is the final arbiter of your sonics....
Smoothjazz,
Funny how one could own an MBL and then VAC...and think them comparable...how does MBL do what they do with solid state?
Marvelous gear...and I totally agree with your VAC love...there's something simply musical about the VAC stuff...Kevin really does know what music sounds like...it's that simple.

Admire your taste and envy your ownership.

Larry
"Bat Rex" always made me think of a giant vampire bat; the kind of critter Godzilla or Mothra would get into it with. " Bat Rex devours Tokyo!" IN 3D!!!
There are a lot of folks who have owned very pricey, stratospheric preamps who now own TRL Dudes and say they will never have to look for another preamp again.

I went through over a dozen mid-priced preamps and settled on the Dude and matching Samson amps. Off the carousel in those two departments now.
Best? There is no best. People nominate and "you" vote (elect) with your ears and wallet.

Tube preamp: I nominate Conrad Johnson's top tube preamps as some of the best.

For amps: Depending on the speaker, I'll campaign for Nelson Pass's XA.5 series in solid state. Tube amps? That's a tough one. Lots of good candidates and a lot depends again on the speaker. View the amp/speaker pair as one ticket (President/Vice President? Gotta stay the analogy). Of the brands you mentioned, I like the totl Sonus Fabers.

Other possibilities for a SOTA system: OTL's with the right speaker. SET's with the right speaker. Planars with the right amp.

Remember to have fun.