i am looking to replace my Krell with tube amps,

however Cary, Canary said that none of their amps can power Hansen Emperor because of 87db sensitive.

Anyone have their experience care to recommend.

I am upgrading my Aesthetix Calypso to Callisto sgn. with 1PS.
my room is size is 30 x 25' x 9th height in my basement. but i am using only half the space that is 15' x 25' x9'.

i have not had a chance to listen demo on Aesthetix Atlas mono, Ayon orthos ii and vulcan, Tenor 175s.

thanks
Chris
csng1
VTL...nice...but for my money, the most musical...in this sense, not pejorative, but the ultimate compliment...Valve Amplification Amps (VAC by Kevin Hayes)...best voicing, for my taste...warm, rich, inviting...beautiful staging, low level resolution without that 'etched' quality that can tire or fatigue.
At least give them a spin...they are, in a word, Marvelous...

Good listening,

Larry
VTL 450 wpc and up. Wolcott is a good one too. Do you live in a warm climate? If so you may need A/C at least in the summer. I have a Callisto Partial Eclipse with two power supplies and it by itself heats up my room pretty quick. Although my room is smaller and is upstairs. I would like to try some high powered tube amps as well but don't have A/C at the moment.

I think you should wait till you get the Callisto to decide on amps. I also went from a Calypso to a Callisto and you are in for a treat. You may decide you do not need to switch amps.
I went from FPB 600s to ARC.
Depending on your budget, there is a wide variety to accommodate your needs and ARC tends to lean towards SS when it comes to bottom end control which is a real nice attribute.
I tried the VTL's as well and preferred the ARC based on the bigger model ARC I settled for. NO tubes will have that staggering control of what the Krells can provide but it was a compromise I was willing to take to fill the other avenues that the ARC provided. Good luck
Thanks for all your feedback,
Do any one have Ayon Orthos ii? Is much cheaper than Tenor for a demo set. Ayon Orthos ii is 250watts price about $18000 vs Tenor 175s probably around $33,000 demo. i am leaning towards Ayon. Will try one in Seattle store.
There are a pair of VTL sigfrieds for sale in Seattle on this site. Those would have plenty of power and sound fantastic. I have heard them powering a pair of Wilson Alexandia at a dealer some time ago and was very impressed. I'm not a fan of Wilsons but that combo was sweet.

I have no assosiation with the seller but suspect that it is the Dealer that I heard them at.