Can an integrated amp be used as a power amp

Hi all,
First post for me. I was considering setting up my Trafomatic Experience Two MK ll integrated  300B as a power amp by  connecting it  to the pre out of my Hegel H390. Is this doing?
 Thanks,
Angel
atorres53
Some can. I don’t think yours can. I see nothing in the specs that indicate it. Nor is there a switch on the front labeled accordingly.  And I cannot see the back to look at the inputs.
Used to be very common for integrated amps to be wired with Pre- In and Power-Out in which case they really can be used as two separate components.    

Hardly any have that feature any more. Still, it can be used as a power amp, with one very big caveat. Without a Pre-In the incoming signal will go through the pre-amp section and be subject to its volume control. In many integrated amps the "pre-amp" section can be nothing more than an attenuator. In this case you could turn the volume all the way up and run your preamp signal into any input. You want the volume turned all the way up because then it will be passing the full signal, and also no risk of the volume being turned up while running, which could potentially drive the amp into clipping real fast.